1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mx 2 trigger firing order reversal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whim, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whim

whim TS Member

Thanks to all that were able to reply to my last question on the perazzi mx2
    now for a few other questions as regards the mx 2
    (1)when was the perazzi mx2 first introduced and when did they stop production of this model

(3)As this gun was designed to shoot top barrel first (causing a fair bit of mussel flip )how dificult is it to change the T-piece/tree (the bit in the trigger mecanism which denotes the firing order)in order to change the top barrel firing first to fire bottom barrel first thus reducing the mussel flip and the lifting of one's head from the stock,has any one out their actually carried out this procedue before and how was it done.I relise that the top barrel is of the more open choke so at some point the gun would benifit in having it's barrel's multi chocked

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Check the thread above. You wrote: "(causing a fair bit of mussel flip)". I have a 1983 Perazzi catalog that lists the MX2 along with the MX3 that I own. At the time the MX8 and DB81 combos were supplied with two complete trigger assemblies in order to shoot the Top Single barrel. I personally do not believe there is anything at all in this muzzle flip speculation. My MX3 is Not ported and the original Fixed chokes and boresize are untouched from their factory state. I can absolutely guarantee that my gun has less felt recoil than the Browning Citori with ported barrels that I previously owned.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I just checked my 1983 Perazzi catalog. The MX1 without side ribs and shooting Top barrel first is grouped under Live Pigeon Standard Models. The MX2 and lighter weight MX2L without side ribs both shooting Top Barrel first are grouped under Olympic Trap Standard Models. Only the MX3 is listed under Olympic Trap, Live Pigeon, and American Trap groupings. I think the handling features of the MX2L model make it a very desirable gun to own and I would not entertain any thoughts of changing the firing sequence or chokes based on a theory about muzzle flip.

4. 12 Gage

12 Gage Member

Whim,
    To change the trigger firing order (bottom Barell first) you would only as you have indicated to change the tree in the trigger. the tree to fire the lower barell first would have the larger shoulder on the right side when installed. This is not very hard to do, sometimes requiring the trigger pins to be removed in order to remove the pin for the tree.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Best to use the selective kit from Whiz, in most cases it needs fitting, it took me 90 minutes and few sore fingers. Whiz can do it, but he doesn't like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.