1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX-16 Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine has one sitting in his safe. He doesn't shoot it much and I may want to buy it from him. Want to be fair with him and can't find any comps on the internet to see what it is worth. I looked in a shooter's bible today and couldn't even find it.

What would be the value with 31.5 barrels and less than 2,000 rounds through it? Where would you rank it with the current models?

Thanks.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

What gauge?

3. bigdogtx

12 guage combo.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Sight unseen I'm thinking $5500 for the combo.. It's suppose to be fired only 2000 rounds and excellent.. What say you guys here.. I've not seen one in a very long time.. BTW.. MX16 is externally selectable.. non drop trigger.. like the MX12

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MX-16 was a somewhat unique model with limited production, it has non detachable trigger with flat springs, you'll need a special tool from Perazzi to change hammer springs.

Not a collectable model with plain side receiver, but the barrel selector on safety switch is a handy feature.
    32/34 is a very popular combo, this is the one I had.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve.. what's your guess on the value of a combo????

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

My MX16 is a 16ga. That's why I asked the question.

8. Steve W

Mike, your assessment is fair, any Perazzi combo in good shape should bring this amount of money, easy. But we are on TS.com, where rules always change when it comes to prices. :) I rarely see guns got sold here at comparable prices from elsewhere.

For example, a good MX-8 O/U usually will bring $5500~$6500 elsewhere, but it'll never get sold here over $5000.

MX-16 is a gun needs some explanations and educations to an average buyer, it all depends on luck.

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve.. He wanted to know a fair amount to pay his friend.. I thought the $5500 was in the ballpark for a combo.. BTW.. I'm not sure I've ever worked on one.. Would a easier fix for the hammersprings be to just drop the non removable trigger..and change them on the plate with a regular hammer spring tool??? I wonder if the receiver is the same as a MX12.. and a regular coil spring plate be put in if the flat springs scared away a buyer???

10. Steve W

Mike, to change the springs, you'll need to remove the stock, then use the tool provided by Perazzi to wrench the spring down for removal.

The tool "slide" on the side of the top tang.

I wouldn't know if coil spring will scared away a buyer or not, but changing springs in a MX-16 is easier than on a regular detachable trigger, because you have the whole receiver to hold on to and the tool is guided by the top tang. Too bad I didn't keep a picture of it, so you'll see what I mean.

11. bigdogtx

Steve, you say "had". Did you sell yours? If so, would you mind PMing me. I want to possibly offer a fair price for both of us. Thanks.

12. bigdogtx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.