1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mx-14 eject to extract?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by locktime, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locktime

locktime TS Member

Can anyone guide me through the procedure to change my unsingle barrel from
    eject to extract?
    Thanks Butch

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Assuming you need steps from removing the ejector.

Hold the barrel, push the ejector against a solid wood bench, push in till you see the little retaining disk, use a magnet or paper clip to pick it out from it's center hole, now the ejector spring is fully compressed against the bench, be careful. Slowly move back the barrel to release the ejector, pin, and spring.

Don't lose the ejector pin, you'll have a hard time finding replacement.

Now, change the ejector spring to a less power one (I use stretched ball pen spring). If you cut the original spring, you won't be able to go back.

Now you can figure how to put it back. :)

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Take your stock off and drop the trigger group out. You will see rods about 1,5mm in diameter that go through the receiver and there is a 90 deg. bend on the end where the bottom of the hammer strikes it to trip the ejector sear in the forend iron. Pull the rods out of the receiver and you will only get a raised shell when opening the gun.

4. locktime

locktime TS Member

thanks Steve W and TOOLMAKER 251 for your help
    Butch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.