1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX-14 anyone use one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kw565, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kw565

kw565 Member

There is one for sale on this site.
    Pros & cons on a combo?

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I had a 31.5/34" combo.. Absolutely no complaints.. It will take you to the top of your game if it fits you..and you can shoot..

3. locktime

locktime TS Member

kw565- I purchased a MX14 combo about three months ago. I really enjoy shooting the gun. Low felt recoil. The MX14 points and feels different than the Perazzi top singles I have shot( TM1, TMX, MX2000/10). It might be the barrel weight. I had a chance to shoot a MX14 before I bought. I would recommend that you try to shoot a MX14 before you purchase. Some shooters comment that they cannot shoot an unsingle. Shoot both the unsingle and the combo barrels. The MX14 is a simple, solid, Perazzi. No bells and whistles. I've only had the gun a short while, but at this point in time I am very happy with it. Butch

4. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I purchased mine at Vandalia Aug. 2004.very nice gun.I have a combo and have shot it well. My gun is a MX14L--Luxury grade receiver with great looking wood--That's what I'm told.No problems or issues with this gun at all.It got me to the "27".

5. wlc

wlc Member

I have had one for a couple of years and shoot the single barrel almost all of the time. The single is .736 with a .032 choke. It patterns great and shoots about 3" high at 30 yards. The O/U barrels shoot completely flat. This is nothing that can't be fixed with comb spacers, but I can't just change barrels and have the same POI. Since I shoot only the single barrel it's not an issue for me. I like the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.