1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MX 10 RS , Forend problem, HELP !!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I bought an MX 10RS a couple of months ago, love the gun, however, I really struggle getting the forend off after shooting the single barrel. I let it cool down for 10 or 15 minutes the other day and still took two people to get that rascal off. One of the screws on the single barrel wood also seems to want to back out. Anyone else had this problem and what did you do? I am planning on taking a little wood off inside the forend but would like to see other comments first.

Charlie

2. 1WoodNut

1WoodNut TS Member

Charlie.....it is an unsingle correct? Judging by the screw comment. Would not remove any wood from the forend as it may be too loose once you have relieved the wood to have a properly fit to your O/U.

Remove the screws from the wooden filler strips that attach to the barrel.......Simple fix.....take a 1 foot long piece of 2x4 attach a piece of 100 or 150 grit sand paper to it....clamp it to a table.....take the side strip and the side that is against the barrel work it back and forth against your 2x4 sanding block...thus reducing the thickness of the side strip. Remember will not take much to relieve it so do a little on one side then remove the other side strip and repete the previous. As far as the screw wanting to back out use a dab of BLUE loctite.

Bobby

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Charlie: Be careful and decided if it is the WOOD or the actual forearm metal.

If the metal is tight (noticeable when you open the action - it is very stiff), you can lessen the force generated by the forearm metal by filing off a small amount of metal off the BACK of the barrel lug where the forearm locks onto it.

In later years you can "put metal back on it," so to speak by smacking the lug on an anvil. It should be done by a competent gun smith.

I have done it several times for P-gun shooters here. It doesn't take much metal to remove nor to smack it back.

Whiz

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

The gun is an unsigle. The o/u works perfectly with the forend. If I use Blue loctite, how hard would it be to get the screw out if necessay? I have used loctite before, but once I use it , I never tried to get anything apart.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.