1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Muzzle loader scope combos?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have seen commercials on tv showing muzzle loaders with bullet drop compensating scopes shooting 3-400 yards.. I dont feel comfortable shoot a ML at that distance but would try a 200 yard shot.. do any of you have this set up? if so.. what is the best gun and scope to get? thanks! Keith

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I have a TC pro-hunter in 50 cal with a leupold 3-9 SABR scope and it works good. Haven't tryed anything past 200 with it yet, But it is confidence inspireing. I load a 245gr powerbelt with the spire point on top of 150gr of Hodgdon's 777.

Jim

3. larryjk

larryjk Member

My son has a Knight KP1 and shoot a 250 gr. .45 caliber bullet in a sabot ahead of 3 ea. 50 grain pellets of 777 with a Winchester 209 shotgun primer. His scope is the Leupold Ultra-Slam with SABR. Anything out to 300 yds. is in serious trouble. He can hit the 300 yd. gong anytime and shot a coyote in the head at a little over 300 yards. That was his called target.

4. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

I shoot a TC Omega with the Leupold Ulti Slam reticle 3x9x 40mm. I have shot 4 deer past 200 yrds with this set up. 250 gr bonded shock wave bullet (blue tipped) with 3 -50gr Pyredex Pellet. Comfimed range finded kills at 235, 256, 300, 222 yrds in that order. Checked the hold over dots at the range and the the p.o.i. was with in 1" of the height that held for. These long shots where not poke and hope shots. they where high shoulder anchoring shots made from shooting sticks and use of a range finder. The bonded bullet made a clean pass through on all 4 shots. I was impressed!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.