1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

muzzle jump

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Question: When lowering or raising an adjustable butt pad (up or down) does that change muzzle jump? When moving the pad to it's higest position which results in lowing the horizonal plain of the gun down into the body reduce the muzzle jump. It seem's as though, as I lower my PFS adjustable butt pad down to it's lowest position, so my head will be raised in a more upright posture, the more muzzle jump I have. Resulting in more head lifting on my part. Maybe this is a math question of forces?

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Lowering it will also require a pitch change to make the pad fit the new position. Hap

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The fulcrum is the midpoint of the buttpad on your shoulder. The force of recoil is straight back from the primer/center of the bore. The further these two are apart, the more leverage is applied at the fulcrum by the force resulting in a greater arc of movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjust stock for muzzle jump