1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Music and shooting question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LLSCjrshooter, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLSCjrshooter

LLSCjrshooter TS Member

I was just at the spring grand down in Tucson and i noticed that a lot of people... mainly junior shooters, were wearing headphone earplugs. I have seen it around but it seems to be getting more popular. My question is, What are you listening to? I focus this question mainly to juniors only because i am a junior but anyone is invited to answer.

2. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

ZZ Top - U2 - Motley Crue - Pearl Jam - Boston - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Metallica - etc.

Been shooting to music since late 2003 - Cuts out the background noise!

38-01615

PS - I was the NC State JR Champ in 1968 - FYI

3. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I tried listening to music while shooting (Tejano) for a while. It did indeed cut out background noise and do that left brain / right brain thing that allowed me to keep my focus on the targets. However, I stopped for one simple reason... you can't hear the background noise, true, but you also can't hear the scorekeeper call lost on a marginally chipped target... at least I couldn't, even with my iPod on the lowest possible volume setting. The obvious answer is make better target breaks, but we all know that doesn't always happen, and the rules say you have to challenge a lost target before station change or not at all.

4. IM390

IM390 Member

"Music to Strip By"

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you don't hear the ref you need Pro Ears or similar with outside sound fed in.

Music? Avoid lyrics and experiment to find the right tempo.

HM

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

"If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler On the Roof.

The tempo is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.