1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mushroom ID?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Jun 2, 2013.

1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Wife found a mushroom growing in one of her (numerous) potted plants. We have no idea of where it came from or what kind it is. If there are any mushroom ID experts, can you give me some info about just what kind this is. The color is actually all yellow with the bulge onthe top being a slightly darker yellow that the camera could not pick up. It is about three inchs tall.
    View attachment 189262

View attachment 189263

View attachment 189264

View attachment 189265

2. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Here is one that 'looks' like the one you posted, another is in the link below it on causation. ( If I did it right. The how to handle is pasted into the 'image'link space. )

Shot a very nice score today then started getting erratic with no logical reason for it. Everything 'looked' good at the time of trigger pull. After the event my "Guru" tried to teach me the Doubles Game and suggested a couple of choke changes. No sweat. But. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, as Gomer Pyle USMC used to say; When I went to unscrew the existing chokes they were loose in their seats. How loose? A full turn and 1/2 on the top choke that I had NOT been shooting and almost 3 full turns on the bottom choke that I had shot all day. I had really felt my bbls heating up while shooting but the thought never crossed my mind to check choke tightness in between 25's. So I was lying there asleep and woke up dreaming about tightening my chokes and couldn't go back to sleep.... This Shotgun is new to me and I had seen other shooters checking chokes but I had always shot a fixed Full before and no need. Learned something today I will NEVER forget. New guns need to teach their owner just who EXACTLY is 'boss' here. HeH. Browning XT Ultra, '99 Manufacture date with less than a flat of shells through it. I cleaned it last weekend first time the Stock screws had ever been removed. The factory lube had dried and crusted but the internals are pristine.

Best regards,

Don T. Littleton CO.

3. flashmax

OK. The how to handle link didn't show on my return so I pasted it here.

Regards,

Don T. Littleton CO

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Don,

THANK YOU.

Once again the members of this list come through with answers to the most unusual of questions. The link you sent nailed it perfectly.

5. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

it's an agaric, they grow in the woods too. What's up with the big hijack by
    flash?? Start your own thread!! Bill in MI p.s. DON'T EAT 'EM

6. flashmax

Sorry bout that slayer. Middle of the night wakeup/insomnia.

Don T. Littleton CO

7. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

If the mushroom is pink underneath and you can peel

the top like a bannana , there good to eat raw or cooked

8. oz

oz Active Member

don't eat the mushroom. if it is poison you will be dead.... why did you kill your husband? because he wouldn't eat the mushrooms.

9. oz

oz Active Member

I just checked with a university master gardener. I won't bother to give you the latin name because it won't mean anything to you. It is commonly called the houseplant mushroom. It usually comes in potting soil. get rid of it before it sends billions of spores all over. IT IS POISONOUS.