1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Murphy Asks Murdoch Not to Broadcast NRA 500

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by SBray, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBray

SBray Active Member

They will do everything they can think of to pressure Americans into letting them have their way!

I just edited the title of this thread. My original title was inaccurate.

Steve

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And that jackass has the gall to call the NRA radical?

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Don't offend Jackass's, he a pure blooded Communist!! Who not only doesn't like the Second Amendment, he doesn't hold to the First either!!

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

And now NASCAR is looking into their sponsorship program? That gonna cause a ruckus! Talk about low attendance.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    "NO FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS FOR YOU!"<br>
    -=Rights Nazi Senator Dodd

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

WAIT A MINUTE....Liberals SILENCING VOICES they don't like....what about divergent opinions, tolerance, open dialogue? Who would have thunk it?

Unless what one says is consistent with liberal DOGMA, it is determined to be HATE SPEECH....

I wonder why the First Amendment only applies to their opinions.....

7. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

How about broadcasting for the estimated 11,991,593 innocent gun owners across the USA that did nothing at all to hurt anyone?

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Where is this guy when Bloomberg and Mark Kelley are trying to legislate their will on everyone else?

9. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

How about WE gun owners/Nra members ..Tell all those sponcers on their cars WE wont buy their products ??? THAT will start a Ruckus !!!

10. Zoom.Golly

Zoom.Golly Well-Known Member

Title is misleading. Murdoch did not ask Fox. Murdoch owns Fox. It was a Mass. Senator that asked Murdoch, and consequently Fox, not to carry the race. Murdoch isn't the baddy.

11. rpeerless

Murphy is a D from CT and is totally absorbed with his own power IMHO.

12. SBray

SBray Active Member

The NASCAR race today was changed in title from NRA 500 to Texas 500. Apparently some of the drivers were asked not to be interviewed in front of the NRA signs.

I guess the sponsers didn't want to be associated with those evil NRA gun lovers!

Steve

13. Mapper

Mapper Member

Well now if that don't fry your pie. It would be interesting to know which drivers were so inclined. I did notice that Kyle didn't lift up his pistols.

14. cyduster

cyduster TS Member

Hey guys. How about we at least get the story straight. Rupert Murdoch IS Fox. He was asked by some knee jerking, publicity seeking Senator from Connecticut not to broadcast the race. If not for Murdoch, our news would come solely from CNN and MSNBC. Don't smear Murdoch, he didn't have a dog in this fight until numbie from Conn. shot off his mouth. Is Murphy up for election in 2014? That is the sort of question to be asking.

15. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

The NRA logo was painted in the grass. I believe the broadcasters did their best not to mention the NRA. It slipped out a few times though. It did seem like a concerted effort to avoid it.

Maybe someone should ask Richard Childress, owner of RCR Racing (and NRA board member)what he thinks of this.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's all lost. Pukes are so loud and confrontational every second of the day, and the Lamestream Media is completely with their program.

Conservatives are generally quiet folks who just want to live a normal life and be left alone, without someone telling them what to do constantly.

It won't get any better until it gets worse first.

HM

17. SBray

SBray Active Member

sam.browne and cyduster,

Thank you for pointing the misleading information I posted! The title of my thread was not accurate. My apologies!

I am obviously not a NASCAR fan like my wife. She knows who all the drivers are and which tracks they are going to be at. I watch it only on occasion. She mentioned yesterday that normally the sponsor's name is used in the title of the race, except when it is a big race. Yesterday I noticed that the FOX information banner read Texas 500 instead of NRA 500. Even though they had not officially changed the name, as such, it gave me the appearance they had.

The main point I was trying to make was that the liberal media has bombarded everyone with their views, to the point of making NRA an association sponsors want to distance themselves from. Based on the changes made at yesterdays race, it seems that Fox and NASCAR were intimidated by the negative publicity towards NRA. NASCAR's comment that they would have to pay more attention to who the sponsors are, suggests they are not above folding under pressure.

JMHO,

Steve

18. rpeerless

Murphy shoud be weighing Sandy Hook took place in a public building, while Cheshire Home invasion took place at someone's private home. Both atrocities took place in CT. What a sh1**y place to live and everyone would bawlk at the taxes everyone pays. Trying to leave everyone defenseless, to make all of us victims in hope that then we'd totally understand? No way is that right. What?.. for the next atrocity we are supposed to call the UN and wait for help to come?

Nascar has nothing to do with Sandy Hook and neither does NRA.

19. SBray

SBray Active Member

Since being a sponsor of the race, NRA should be getting their money back for having been slighted by the lack of exposure during the broadcast!

Steve

20. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I second them getting their money back! NASCAR has been too big for their britches for a long while. Many empty seats. Hopefully more on the way. Bump them. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.