1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MULTIPLE GUNS, HOW 2 DETERMINE WHAT GUN 2 SHOOT?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    if you own more than one gun, what made you decide on what gun to always shoot? or do you constintly keep on switching back and forth? i would think most people would say what ever gun they shot better is the one they use. what if, the gun you shoot better, kicks like a mule and the other gun is very enjoybable to shoot? i am interested on how shooters made the decision on what gun they shoot? i talked to a guy who said he shoots better with his pump, but likes the ease of operation of a break open single barrel.
    steve Balistreri

2. ismah

ismah Member

Steve, In the past two years I've gone through six trap guns. Every time I switched off my scores went down. I'm back to my original Wingmaster Classic Trap and staying with it. I'm consistant with it and I like the way I look shooting it. Trap shooters are required to spend their money trying different guns. My Beretta 391 was OK but I didn't like cleaning it. The BT 99 is for girls. I like my 1100 but the 870 hits more targets. And that's the answer. Use the one that hits the most targets. A shotgun is a pipe that shoots BBs. All the rest of the stuff just costs you more money.
    Bill B.

3. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

ismah why is the bt99 for girls

4. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Very easy to decide. I set mine up in a rotation, just like they do pitchers in baseball. Just a matter of whose turn it is. Kinda sucks for long programs as I may need to take the whole safe full :)

5. ismah

ismah Member

Nailer,
    It's just my opinion of them.

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i have a long time friend who owns more than 100 shotguns. when he was younger he could pick up mostly any gun and shoot pretty good scores. with age, his eyes and reflexes have changed and the better scores come not as often. when we would travel to a tournament, he would pack 4 to 6 guns. he could never settle on any one gun.
    steve balistreri

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have 3 shot guns, my field 870 which I can still take out and shoot great scores with, but becouse of the very low comb I get a kink in my neck after 100 shots or so. Browning XT with PFS absolute the most comfortable gun I have to shoot. My scores are still a little up and down getting used to the PFS. Final gun is a brown gold sporting with wenig New American Trap stock I really like this gun for doubles but the lack of a shell deflector makes it not practical, Its a chuker. If I get a hard left on 1 I can hit stations 2 through 4 with ease. BUT for sporting and % stand I like the gold with my wifes New american trap stock installed?????? If I have to grab one its the XT all the way. gold is my back up. I plan on getting adjustable comb on the gold to more match the POI as the XT so it is better back up.

8. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

It is lots of fun to have several guns and I keep going back and forth between Browning XT (have 2) and 1100s (have 4). On the Outdoor Channel they interviewed several Olympic shooters re: their guns...bottom line: each said they had their gun carefully fitted to match them and their shooting style and then they only shot the one gun. Kim Rhode has been shooting the same Perazzi for years and had it rebuilt several times. Perazzi seemed to be the favorite with a Beretta DT-10 thrown in. Fitting to the shooter and consistency seemed to rule their opinions. Makes perfect sense, but, for most of us, shooting is a hobby and we just enjoy shifting around between guns. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.