1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Multicatch

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blades, Aug 16, 2013.

1. blades

blades TS Member

Does anyone know how the Multicatch Company is progressing? Any real product feedback available anywhere? Are they working on the product at all? Also, will they ever be available in Canada? I've seen people comment back in 2009 that the company had told them they were working on making Canadian orders a possibility, but 4 years later their website still says only U.S. sales.
    I'm interested the product, my 391 and I hope to attend a few large tournaments in the near future, and I'd rather not pummel the next shooter with all my doubles trap hulls.. But I am a little skeptical of it as well, it's been available only in the U.S. for at least 4 years now, and I can't find a single consumer review on it either.
    Thanks!

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"...........and I can't find a single consumer review on it either."

That's because it don't work. Every review or feedback I've read has basically stated the same thing. It works good for catching one shell. Very very unreliable for catching two. There is a reason there wasn't already one on the market before this device. It's a very difficult task to achieve.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The answer is that Multicatch is still working to perfect the product which does work, just not 100% of the time. I shot a 100 bird sporting clays event using one and had just one malfunction. There was a period of time that I was averaging no more than one or two malfunctions in a 100 shots. That was fine for practice, but I didn't try to shoot registered doubles with it.
    I used one for about a year and a half, updating it with minor adjustments along the way. The design is ingenious. If every empty hull was ejected the same way, the Multicatch would work every time. What messes it up is that hulls are ejected at different speeds, different spin, and different directions. It still might be perfected to the point where it works 100% of the time, but it's not there yet.

4. blades

blades TS Member

Thanks for that grntitan and dickgtax, glad to get some honest feedback on it. I'll keep an eye out for any future editions of the Multicatch, the concept is ingenious, I sincerely wish them all the best with working out the bugs.