1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Muller chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dennis toews, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis toews

dennis toews Member

Did Muller chokes have an exhibit at the Grand, if they did I missed them?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They were prob @ the World FITASC in Chicago. Sporting is a much bigger market than trap is for them.

3. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Muller chokes were not at the Grand.

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Trap shooters just don't seem to be very interested in these chokes. He was at the Southern Grand, had chokes you could try in your gun, but no one seemed too interested. He finally left a couple of days before it was over.

That's too bad. I have his chokes in my sporting/skeet gun and they seem (yeah, I know, you can't really tell just by looking at the pattern) to pattern better and more consistently.

My main trap gun has fixed chokes with barrel work by Wilkinson, but if I get a gun with tubes, I'll try his chokes in it. My back-up BT-99 really shoots well with his U4.

Bob

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Can't imagine why people don't line up to pay $75+ for a choke tube.

6. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Save your money, I found they are no better than my OEM standard titanium chokes.

7. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

I have the U3 U4 in my XT trap, my 25s have definitly increased since using them, and pattern better than the factory chokes. I would highly recomend them, i love mine.

8. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Not sure if there are many in Australia, but I have just ordered a U3 and U4 for my Perazzi 30 inch o/u.
    I'll let you know how they go when I get them!

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have owned them and there no better than any other choke made. They are to long and most 34" barrels with the Muller in them will not fit in a regular hard case.
    look in a different direction.

10. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

I'm and admitted choke junkie - have had them all I believe except Wilkson, Teague and Extreme.

Bottom line - Muller..............if you can get them to stay together. Have had problems with them but they pattern and break targets better than any other choke I have used and by a considerable amount. the U4 will hit hard @ 50+ yds.

Try a U3 with 3/4 oz. @ 1300fps.+- for 16yds. - smoke it.

11. stuka

stuka Member

Well guys, I can tell you that they do make a difference. I bought 1,2,3,4 Muelers for my grandson Blaser.

It comes with Brileys, which are great, but these chokes are awesome. Pattern on a board is unreal.

The 14 year old kid loves how they (he)smokes the targets, bio here in Las Vegas. So if anything there is still the mental part. He shoots sporting clays also, so they are very easy to change for different stations.

12. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I use the U2 and U3 on my browning citori doubles gun because of the ultra lite weight and because they stay clean and tight in the barrels. I'm told they pattern well but really can't speak to that. Joe

13. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

The U3 is the perfect 16 Yard choke for me.
    The U4 is what I use for back line games, it grinds targets at 50+
    I have them in Brownings, Berettas and Krieghoffs....
    They work well...

14. gousgouni

gousgouni TS Member

Best chokes I ever bought and I have bought plenty. I mostly shoot sporting clays and use U1 an U2 most of the time. They never come loose, clean up very easy and pattern better without a hot core and fuller in the outer edges of the pattern.

15. BigJohn270

BigJohn270 Member

I have had them in 2 different guns and love them. For sporting clays I can not get over how far out the U1's break targets.

16. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Have. U4 in my Beretta 390. Doesn't matter where on the trap field, all that's left is smoke and occasionally 1 small piece. Muller is a cut above the rest (at least for my gun)

17. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

I tested my U3 last night, shot a pattern board from 30 yards with 1oz 8's.

Compared to my stock perrazzi 6 choke it definately thows a more even pattern, not as concentrated in the center.

I then shot 50 straight singles wobble trap at night with it. Great choke and good breaks!

18. TBFA

TBFA Member

All you need to do is put a muller choke on paper, and there is no denying there effectiveness, then go grind some targets. Oh, and did I mention Jim has the best warranty, and customer service going, and their made in the USA!

J Fritz #608371

19. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Bought a U2 and U3 later. I grind targets at 50 with the U3. Havn't got a U4 yet. I figured it would be to tight. Wild Bill

20. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

What was it P.T. Barnum said?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best muller choke trap

muller chokes for trap

muller chokes trap 16