1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

muller chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

At the last shoot i was at the shooter next to me had a CG with two chokes that had U2-U3 stamped on them.He shot very well and after the round I ask about the chokes.He said they made all the difference in the world in his shooting.I have never heard of them and would like to know if they are really that good.

tk's tracy

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Go to their site, I know a top shooter who uses them--he says they are the best. They are the easiest choke to clean, because they stay clean,

If they made them for my guns I believe I would use them.

Phil Berkowitz

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I went to their site and I may have a problem also as all my chokes are briley s-2's.I think I will give them a call.tk's.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My chokes are Briley s-2 thinwalls---however; when I do my part===the target vanishes---it ain't the chokes fault.

Phil Berkowitz

5. rogertc

rogertc Member

I don't know if their chokes work or not but their customer service really sucks. No one answers the phone and no one responds to emails.
    I bought two of these chokes: One was defective (rough interior and a big groove around the inside of the bore) and the other was the wrong type (Optima+ instead of Optima). They charge $10.00 for shipping and only pay the Post Office $2.51 to ship. I can't get a response from these clowns so the chokes are going back today. So much for Mueller chokes!

6. cabman

cabman TS Member

I have bought them for 3 guns....they pattern better than my Kreighoff Titanium which cost alot more and I thought where great until I shot the Muller's.
    Both of my Buddies after seeing the change in the way targets started breaking bought them for themselves and are just as pleased.
    Our customer service experience was quite the opposite of the previous post. Great product!!

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

What's special about them? Weight? Pattern quality?

If an IC choke shoots tighter than an IC, it's not an IC. I could imagine barrel work bringing in stray outer pellets, but I have a hard time seeing a different choke tube making much difference unless it's tuned to the bore.

Has anyone ever put them on the splatter board?

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Setterman,

This subject has been beat to death over on shotgunworld months and months ago. Search and read it for yourself. But to answer your question, I have patterned(over 50 patterns) and analyzed them with shotgun insight software. Many of the claims Muller makes are true to some extent. They are incredibly light, they do somehow seem to have a slightly more even pattern, they do clean up easier than any other chokes I have owned and they dont loosen up when finger tight. Muller's come in unusual constrictions, so they are never IC, Mod, etc., Muller #3 is .022 for example. In the Beretta I patterned they beat the heck out of the factory chokes in all respects, slightly better than Briley Titanium and were about the same as Pure Golds. IMO, in the end....the main difference between Mullers and other QUALITY chokes are the super light weight, easy cleaning with little buildup. The price is right (they used to be 59.95) but the customer service can be lacking at times. I use a Muller U4 for handicap and a U3 for singles. Satisfied with both and plan to stick with them. That said...I would not be concerned that my score would suffer with other high quality chokes.

For your viewing pleasure here is a link to a few of the pattern results. Your decide if they are the same, better or worse for your use/money.

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt51/jmsturgis/Muller%20Compare/

9. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

called them Fri.no reply.they must be busy or they don't care.o well just a thought.

10. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Hey Tracy...that's the biggest complaint. If you want one...use the website to place your order. You will receive it in about 5 to 7 days on average. If you want to talk to him....(in my best Jersy accent).... "fuget bout it".

11. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Last I knew it was a one man operation. He shoots a lot of tournament sporting clays & is gone a lot. I have patterned them against other chokes & they pattern just as well as any......better, I don't know, but their ease of cleaning makes them the best of the rest if they pattern well in your gun.

12. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

The U3 patterning 90% @ 40 yds. says a lot.

I worked up the stats. on the original testing in March last yr. at the Greater Houston Club in Houston. The results were published on Shotgun World.Com. In summary, the U3 and U4 held a 20" core at 40 yds. better than the other chokes used in the test which were Briley, Pure Gold, and Compnchoke with comparable constrictions.

Some of the posting on service is spot on - it's a roll of the dice. Better to order on line and wait and hope.

13. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

everything sounds good but the hang up is they don't list a choke for a S-2.my krieghoff has s-2's and my beretta has a back bored angle port barrel and chokes.in other words i can't order them because they don't list them.I am off to the grand week after next I'm sure someone there will have a answer for me.thanks for the replies

tracy

14. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Tracy, Jim has a phone number on his web site. I bet he will be home at least by Monday. When I ordered my chokes he told me that he could make just about anything that was needed. He's really good to deal with but the rub is getting hold of him in the first place.

Good Luck!

15. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Muller chokes rep called today. explained why they don't make s-2 thin wall chokes and gave me suggestions on how to make muller chokes work on my only unmolested m-32 barrel.I am impressed.I only need to have someone thread the barrel for a standard krieghoff choke.they have the chokes in stock.problem solved.now I hope they are as good as i have seen at last shoot.

Tracy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley or muller chokes
jim muller shotgun chokes

muller choke for handicap trap

muller chokes explained
muller chokes for trap
rate muller shotgun chokes for trap
shotgunworld u4 sporting