1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Muller Chokes vs Briley-Others

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stuka, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuka

stuka Member

Does anyone have any input regarding using Muller chokes instead of the Brileys that came with my Blaser Super Trap Combo? I have read an article in Shotgun Sports that builds up the Muller chokes.

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

There really is no magic cho0ke just as there is no magic gun. The benefits of the Muller chokes is less weight on the muzzle end. They stay clean and they stay tight. With that said there are just as good or better options. Briley makes the titanium chokes that are very light. Seminole chokes are as good as any i have ever seen tested and they stay tight in the gun. Lots of very good options. If spending lots of money per choke is important buy the Mullers if not Briley,Seminole,Angle Port,Comp N Choke,Kicks,Pure Gold,Extreme and Wrights all make great chokes. All have won at one time or another.

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have some for my k 80 and they are as good as all the rest. I won't say they will take you to a new level and the others won't but they do have some good points. The black color looks good, they will never come loose even when you only hand tighten, they are super easy to clean and they are very lite weight. The only thing I don't like is my 34" barrel will not fit in my Americase with the Muller choke in it. They are longer than every other choke I have used or seen.

4. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Bad303 pretty much summed it up in the first sentence !!!!!!!!!!

5. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I ordered a U4 from Muller on Friday, and it arrived today. I will try it out Friday at the Dollar and see if it makes a difference or not.

It is REALLY light.

Bob

6. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

One of my good buddies and an avid SC shooter has a set for his DT-10. He went to Kicks on his CG.

Said the Muellers are great ONLY for the fact that you hardly, if ever, need to clean them. Otherwise they're no better than a Kicks or Briley, etc. tube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

briley chokes vs muller chokes

briley or muller chokes
briley vs muller
briley vs muller chokes
extreme chokes vs muller chokes
mueller chokes vs kicks chokes

muller chokes vs briley

muller vs briley