1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Muller Chokes-No Customer Service

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pride Engineer, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

On Tuesday, 9/4, I called Muller's number to order some choke tubes as I was leaving for a dove hunt in Argentina on 9/14 and I wanted to take the tubes with me. I called rather then order on line as I wanted to make sure one, the tubes were in stock and two, that they would ship them to me in time for my trip. No one answered so I left them a message. Their message was leave us your name and number and we'll get back to you, usually with in one business day. On the 5th, not hearing from them, I called again and again left my message. Then on the 6th, again not having heard from them, I emailed their service email and left a message on the phone too. On the 7th, they finally called. All but one tube was in stock and they said I would have them by the 11th. They also appologized for the delay in getting back to me and offered a $5 per choke reduction in price. I ordered the tubes. A package arrived on the 11th as promised. Unfortunately for me, one tube was the wrong one. I immediately called them and left a message, asking them to ship me the correct one, next day air, and I would return the incorrect one when I returned from my dove hunting trip. Well, true to their past history they did not call me back the next day or today, 9/13, either.

I like their products, they stay clean, they hand turn tight and do not loosen, all as advertised. I don't know if they pattern as claimed as I have not checked them, but overall, they seem to shoot fine. I have purchased over $1,000 worth of tubes from them, including the wrong one they shipped me. I must say, however, that their customer service simply sucks. If you can't even call a good customer back, or answer an email, how can you expect your customers to be satisfied??

I, for one, am not happy with the way Muller has treated what used to be a good customer, me.

Mark Zauhar

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I would move on down the road. Find a new choke to buy. I tried the Mullers and they are no better tha n the next one.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

-Bush-

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Enjoy your trip Mark. Too bad, their actions, or lack thereof, speak louder than words. Shoot well and enjoy.

5. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

.... at least you got a call back. I didn't receive that from them.

6. Kolargunnut

Kolargunnut TS Member

Comments deleted for language, email sent to poster and next incident will be a disbarment of membership.

7. loanman

loanman Active Member

how did the chokes cause the blown barrels?

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

'KOLARGUNNUT" Remove that comment using "dick". Kolar shooters know better.

9. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Sorry to hear about this. I am I Australia and have had nothing but good things to say about Muller chokes, except FedEx charge a fortune in freight!

I have bought off line and had it delivered here in 8 days from ordering. It gives me confidence using their products, as I have proven to myself on the pattern plate it does throw a more evenly distributed pattern than the factory Perazzi #6.

10. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Sorry to hear about this. I am I Australia and have had nothing but good things to say about Muller chokes, except FedEx charge a fortune in freight!

I have bought off line and had it delivered here in 8 days from ordering. It gives me confidence using their products, as I have proven to myself on the pattern plate it does throw a more evenly distributed pattern than the factory Perazzi #6.

11. 7771

7771 Active Member

I e-mailed them to see if I could add this product to what we sell never heard back.

12. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I purchased four chokes from Muller. I tried them for the first time Sat. Sept 15. After shooting one hundred doubles with the chokes in a Blaser the choke in the top barrel was stuck. I emailed Mr. Muller Sat, evening asking how to remove the choke without damaging the choke or the barrel. Since it was Sat. evening I figured I would not get a reply before Monday. I received a reply later Sat. telling me not to worry about ruining the choke and remove it with channel locks. He said he would replace the choke. I wrapped the choke with duct tape and removed it with vise grips. I then saw that about one quarter of the skirt below the threads was gone. I emailed Mr. Muller Sunday and informed
    him of what I found. Later Sunday I received another email telling me the address to mail the choke for replacement. Getting replys on both Sat. and Sunday really surprised me. I would call that great service.
    Bud Edwards

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

reddbudd,

Do you mean that the choke split?

14. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

It didn't split lengthwise up the choke but the skirt below the threads had a piece about an eighth of an inch by about a quarter of the circumference was just gone. The piece didn't come out when I removed the choke. My guess is that a wad caught the edge of the choke and folded it over and blew it out the muzzle. I may be wrong but that is the best explanation that I could come up with. I am just thankful that the barrel was not harmed.
    Bud Edwards

15. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Muller should be thankful, too, Bud!

16. loanman

loanman Active Member

Hey Reddbudd, I am just curious but after having to use vise grips to remove these chokes out of your barrel, why would you want to ever shoot these chokes again?

I understand Muller called you back on the weekend and that is great but what was his explanation as to why this even happened?

17. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I shoot Muller chokes in my Citori and they do tighten up when shooting. Actually this is better then getting loose, right! Because I can't get a good grip on them I use small channel locks with a piece of leather to loosen up when changing. Never had and damage however. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
muller choke barrel damage

muller chokes australia

mullerchokes customer service