1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Muller chokes experience anyone?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by In Clay We Crush, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In Clay We Crush

In Clay We Crush TS Member

Anyone here with hands on use of Muller chokes?....Are they better than ones you've tried before? Or they just as good as some others with no real performance advantage. I know chokes are different in every gun manufacture / barrel. So I'm shooting a 32" K-80. I can't bring myself too spend $140. for a single choke tube. And I know it is silly seeing as how some will say. If you can afford a K-80 then you can afford the chokes! I just can't get my head wrapped around $140. A piece for a choke tube.
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Michael

2. glenfish

glenfish Member

Bought a couple for my 391 Optima. Seem to break targets as well as any I have used and require almost no cleaning. I like the ones I have!

Glen

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I've used them is several guns........light, easy cleaning, stay tight, great patterns. Only drawback for me is that they are not magnetic & I can't use them with a pad.

4. In Clay We Crush

Good info so far. So thank you both.

5. Jon.King

Jon.King TS Member

I have 7 of them I use with my Caesar. 6 came with the gun when I bought it (two 1's, two 2's and two 3's). I have since bought a #4 for handicap trap. I shoot 16's with the #3 and sporting clays with the others. I have never had another choke that crushes targets as hard as my Mullers'. Along with the superior patterning, they are also extremely easy to clean. They do not build up any carbon or plastic residue inside like every other choke I've ever used. I simply run a cloth patch with some Hopps on it through them every couple months or so and call it good. That's all it takes.

Where are you being charged $140/choke for them. On their website they are $74.95 a piece. Only slightly higher than Briley's or any other comparable choke. The light weight, and easy cleaning are more than worth the extra few dollars, not to mention how hard they crush targets. Here is the link:

http://www.mullerchokes.com/krieghoff_choke_tubes.html

Hope this helps.

6. In Clay We Crush

Oh sorry. Let me clarify. Krieghoff chokes which I have are 140. A piece. I really like LM for everything. So just looking for a quality choke with out spending 140 per unit .

Sorry for confusion and thanks for the choke in put.

Michael

7. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

I have them on my Browning and they're light, don't come loose and pattern well -- but not noticeably different from the Browning chokes. As someone mentioned, you can't use them with a magnetic pad. My friend has a KX-5 and the Muller chokes. He loves the chokes, but they're much longer than the Krieghoff chokes, so his barrel doesn't fit in the case anymore without him pulling the chokes off each time he shoots. He likes the chokes well enough that he does that. I would check the length and your case to make sure you don't need another case.

8. buster45

buster45 Active Member

We have them in a couple of K80s and a 32 have used them for at least 2 years and are very happy with performance. Most likely if you shoot sporting a 1 and 2#2s are all you will ever need.

Jim and his crew have been super to deal with..

Buster

9. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Bought a U3 and U4 for trap. Personally I found the 3 a little tight off 16 but it certainly punches targets well. They have been flawless, and easy to clean.

10. ercowles

ercowles Member

I have six -- two U1s, two U2s a U3 and a U4. I use them in my Browning XT Trap combo (U3) for singles and handicap and U1 and U4 for doubles. I also use them in my sporting gun, a Winchester SX3 (FN Belgian) U1 and U2, and in my Browning SX Skeet (U1s) for skeet. I sometimes use the skeet gun for sporting clays and generally use just the U1s. They pattern beautifully, for sporting the U1s seem to cover skeet to IC spreads and they don't need cleaning. They are extremely light weight and should cost only a little over $70 each. Jim Muller actually gave me a demonstration during last year's Caribbean Cup in Vero Beach and proved a U2 was perfectly good for 16-yard trap, although I use the U3.-- Ed

11. Smitty82

Smitty82 Member

i also was wondering about these chokes. i shoot a citori xt 32" and i noticed they have chokes that extend 2". thought about one of these for singles and handy cap. i use a mod. for both is the 3 or 2 the best for me and will the extra extend benifit me. sorry to butt in on the tread but didnt think we need two going. thanks Nick A.

12. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Click on the link above to read a thread on Shotgunworld.com forum about how good Muller chokes are. Cured impotence, hemorrhoids, snoring, brought down the price of lead, etc.

Danny

[snicker]

13. Raystownbob

Raystownbob Active Member

I have 10 Muller chokes for 2 guns, 6 of them came in a deal with one of the guns. The others I bought used, most from people on here for $40-$50.Light weight, even patterns, and easy to clean. I like them! They usually sell quickly, you have to be fast.

14. birdyklr

birdyklr Member

One word for Muller.....AWESOME choke!!!!!!!!!

15. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Only good things to say about the Muller Choke... U3 is a killer from 16 to 23.
    Art

16. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I used my friend's Beretta 683 Gold E with the factory IM choke and did fairly well (23 if I recall correctly). He had some Mullers in his case and I switched out the IM for a Muller U3. Same score. All smoke. I recently got a Gold E for myself and promptly ordered some Mullers for it.

Larry

17. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

T.P.S. you have a pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

muller choke for handicap trap

muller choke for trap

muller chokes citori 16

muller chokes for trap

winchester sx3 with muller u2 choke