1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MULLER CHOKES anybody using them?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

these things are all the rage over on shotgun world. an aluminum/ceramic/teflon choke. lighter than titanium. delivers a more even shot density to the pattern. any of you guys using them? any opinions? thanks

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

They cured my lumbago :)

385797733.jpg

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I use them for my sporting gun. They do pattern very nicely in my B425, but I am sure there are other high quality chokes that will do as well. The pattering argument could go on forever and I have no interest in a 1000 opinions on that subject.

IMO, the real difference is the weight. My standard Briley steel extended chokes (IC) weigh 40.09 grams, the Muller U2 (=IC/LM) weighs 18.02 grams and they are approx. 1/2 inch longer. So...if you need to lighten up your barrel end weight they are worth looking at.

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

i get the impression that trap shooters find a rig and shoot it forever whereas clays shooters are always dabbling with things. the muller chokes discussion on shotgun world has almost as many hits on it as lady gaga's world record of over 1 billion hits on youtube. none of you guys know anything about muller chokes? c'mon now

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Someone is shilling for Muller in this site.......

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have a set of Optima coming this week so will post after I shoot them. I have Pure Gold chokes in the gun now so will see what they can do against the ones I'm shooting.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

muller chokes youtube