1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Muller Chokes...any good??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Borderland, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borderland

Borderland Member

My Mueller choke tube marked "improved cyl" is advertised as having the same effective hit zone as a "modified". And it really does because someone forgot to mention that the internal dimensions are the same as a "modified" tube.

Ken

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Hummmm..... Borderland are you sure you have Muller chokes? Its interesting your say your Muller is marked "improved cyl". They come marked a U-1,2,3,and 4., not "improved cyl" or any other conventional markings.

Anyway... I use Mullers in my single/handicap gun because of the light weight. No complaints, they do the job and pattern as expected. My Muller U-3 measures .022 and the U-4 is .034 in my Caesar Guerini.

Mark

p.s. The U-1 is normally .005 and the U-2 is .015

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

A "B" Class shooter, using Muller chokes, beat me yesterday so there must be something to them!

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Ya the B class shooter was better. I wouldn't think the reason he beat you was because of his choke but if that's the excuse you made then why not. LOL

5. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

They are very light and do not foul. Are they better than other brands? I don't know but a good friend uses them and swears by them. I'd buy them if I didn't have two of every constriction for my gun.
    Jimmy

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

According to some threads on shotgunworld forum, Muller chokes will hit every target, pattern better than other chokes, never need cleaning, and cure ED, among other ailments.

Danny

7. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Forgot to add my friend is 18yrs old (bout half my age) he took A class and $1300 at our sporting clays shoot. Was it the chokes? I don't think they hurt anything but in all honesty he's a hell of a shot.
    Jimmy

8. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Muller chokes are lighter than other chokes - verified to be true.

Muller chokes stay cleaner, and are easier to clean than other chokes - verified to be true.

Muller chokes pattern better than other chokes - my testing does not support this claim.

9. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Rastoff,
    First off... I'm not argueing because I think your right. Muellers prolly pattern like any other choke tube. But patterns are very specific (gun, shell, choke) and have many variables. They may be great in one gun while in an identical gun the factory tubes may be the greatest. I think shooters need to spend some time on the patterning board. Itll open your eyes sometimes. Just don't want anybody to think they will pick these up and break targets. Was just kinda being a smartass when I posted what my buddy won. Hes win before shooting his gun with no choke tube (I wouldn't try this).
    Jimmy

10. Borderland

Borderland Member

Mark425.....My Muller choke tube for a browning invector plus app is actually marked U2 and advertised as I.C./lite mod but the bore is .720(mod for a .742 barrel) It seems to pattern about like any other mod choke I have used in the gun. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the material they use feels gritty when threading into the barrel.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does muller choke tubes pattern good
mueller choke tube comstrictions
mueller invector plus
muller choke markings
muller choke u2 invector plus for browning

muller chokes any good

muller u 3 patterns from a invector plus
muller u2 choke tube and reviews