1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mueller Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K80433SC, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I know a few guys in my area who SWEAR by them. On the other hand - I have shot one, personally. I did not really think it was anything special. My BRILEY does just as good a job. You wanted other opinions. Agree or not, this is mine..........

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

anyone that finds a choke that will turn a miss into a hit, let me know!

3. paul7177

paul7177 Member

No better than other chokes! From my experience.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hype. Won't get you a target you would have missed with another choke.

Lighter weight, if that helps.

5. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

My experience with the Mueller chokes is that they are lighter, and because of the ceramic coating they don't get as dirty on the inside. They do not seem to loosen like the others do. They pattern well, but no better that the Briley choke.
    Would I re-purchase them if I lost them? Yes.

JMAC

6. 548

548 Guest

I use Muller chokes. I wonder how many of the respondents above have ever tried them. As for whether they are any better or worse; who knows. They cost ten bucks more than a comparable Briley choke. This is a mental game, and if for that ten dollars you think you have a better choke, the psycological advantage you get is probably worth the ten bucks. I personally do like mine.

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They're expensive.....so they must work. Right?

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have tried them. No better than any other choke. There was one thing I did not like about them is they are longer than other extended chokes therefor you have to remove them to get your 34" barrel to fit in the case. Quite a pain if you ask me. There are better choices.

9. 548

548 Guest

The length of the choke depends on the gun. Beretta Optima sized Muller's are one inch, the same as other extended chokes.

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Uhhhmmmm...................what constitutes BETTER?

11. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I like mine never had to clean them light look good work good and a very nice guy to talk to and do business with great service from his partner in Utah.

12. Bob Farne

Bob Farne Member

Please, would you elaborate who ( his partner is in Utah?) Thanks

13. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I had a whole set of Optima’s and found them to stay cleaner than most chokes. I sold the whole set and went back to the factory extended chokes that came with the gun. Scores in trap never changed with any chokes that I have tried. I will say the Muller U2 is a great sporting choke; the only one that I could say really improved my score in sporting. My U4 cracked after 10-shots during a trap round, Muller replaced it immediately and I sold the whole set soon after.

14. gousgouni

gousgouni TS Member

I have a U1 and a U2. They are leaps and bounds over the brileys that I have. Cleaning is a cinch and they do not shoot loose. Also,I put them on paper and they pattern even and consistent. Best chokes for sporting-trap and skeet. Highly recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.