1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MTD Equipment

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What do you all think of MTD equipment? I have a log splitter.

2. scdrch

scdrch TS Member

MTD is built to be at an appealing price point to the average homeowner. Not the highest quality but very serviceable for average (ie: non-commercial) use.

The plus side is that parts are readily available online or from a knowledgeable small engine shop. Also parts may be found at good machine shops if they have personnel that can match up parts by looking at them and measuring.

Just my observations from having worked in the small engine industry for a while.

Dean

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

MTD is a price point manufacturer/distributor that sells a lot through outlets like Lowes. They are a mid-low quality product, for the most part. Parts and service should be no problem. I had three of their mowers and not one survives today. I can't say that it was their fault. They were used and abused plenty. I doubt many other mowers would have survived either. The price was the main reason for me purchasing them. They were bought to be a "disposable" and they served that purpose as expected.

4. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

MTD = More Time Down. Spend the extra, save yourself money in the long run, buy from a known dealer.

J.M.O.

Tom R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.