1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MSRP ?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by amboy49, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Maybe in the right category . . . maybe not. I, like many others I'm sure, scan the For Sale threads looking for the next gun that I feel I must have. Either to help me shoot better or look better - usually the latter and not the former !

Some sellers see fit to provide the MSRP or what it would cost to replace the used gun being offered for sale with a new gun. My questions is . . . so what ? Isn't that like saying I have a 1997 Chevy with 300,000 miles on it but it cost X when new and X+ to replace it with a 2012 model ?

I would assume most, if not all, of the folks on here have a reasonably good idea of what used gun prices are and all are free to check the dealers ads for the price on new guns.

This isn't something that keeps me up all night. Just say'in.

Whoops - wrong category ! Unless someone can make something political out of this rant.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Does your 97' Chevy have an "Obama 08" bumper sticker?

3. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Actually no, it's got an NRA Life Member sticker, a fly fishing shop sticker, and a Harley Davidson Street Glide decal. But good try. Maybe if Obama was involved he would explain to all how much better getting a new gun will be since it represents "hope and change."

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

That's all well and dandy.....but it doesn't prove you aint a Liberal. Got any more convincing evidence otherwise??

5. quartering

quartering Active Member

it's called price anchoring. it's a marketing ploy.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    quartering hit the nail on the head. It's simply a ploy to try to get the price up. If they really wanted to show you the true savings they'd compare to retail prices. Very few pay MSRP for a new gun.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Guess you (or at least I) wouldn't expect the seller to list a number of reasons why his gun is worth less. That'd be almost like listing an ad without pictures. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.