1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MSNBC makes correction

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by teg2658, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teg2658

teg2658 Member

MSNBC came clean on the guns used in the Conn shooting but the local paper(Rochester NY D&C) still says it was a AR15. I called the editor and she was not happy about the info I provided about the truth.
    http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Tom

2. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off....

You do know that is not a current video, but one from Dec 15.

Not getting in on the AR or no AR debate.

Tim

3. oz

oz Active Member

I can say from watching the video of the police taking the (long gun) out of the trunk (on TV) that it WAS NOT an AR taken from the trunk.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Is there any truth to the reporting? At this point I don't really know what kind of guns were used or when they were used. I read where there was a 10/22 in trunk, a ar in the back seat and was carrying a 10mm, a 40cal and 9 mm but only had two pistols. Not going to change anything but just wish I knew the truth. Jackie B.

5. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Akin to the Warren Commission's single bullet theory.

6. mike calkins

mike calkins TS Member

When have any of ever heard of the media telling the truth. They are as bad as the politicions sp?

7. JH

JH Well-Known Member

MSNBC is really an acronym for Pravda......the left-wing DOGMA permeates every aspect of their being......

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Aside from confusion that first day, has anyone really seen anything saying an AR wasn't used? Seems to me a bunch of folks just read some rambling on the internet and viola!, it wasn't a rifle at all that was used.

Realistically, I haven't seen anyone back off on the statement that an AR was used. Seems some people saw that video (posted on another thread)and mistakenly thought the pistol grip they saw equaled an AR in the trunk, when it is clear it wasn't an AR. From that misinformation this whole conspiricy theory takes root.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm wondering why we haven't seen the usual dog and pony show for the media diplaying all the firearms used?

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

Brian they will never admit they were lying

11. skeezix

skeezix Member

Pretty sure if it was in the trunk it could not have been involved in the shooting, unless the idiot shot up a bunch of kids, ran out to the car and put his gun away, and then ran back into the school and killed himself. I think ultimately there were 4 guns - the AR, 2 pistols (some sources say 1), all found in the school, and the gun in the trunk. From various videos the gun in the trunk looks like a shotgun - some forums are saying its a Saiga tactical shotgun (which would be in keeping with the mother interests, apparently).

None of that is contrary to what has been reported and it's not a conspiracy theory. Shell casings and wounds will be pretty definitive about how many shots were fired from what weapon - and that will be reported in due course. The ME said the first day that all the killings appear to be from the 'long gun'.

The press won't get much of anything correct, especially at first. It will be a while before all the details get reported correctly. Remember it's being reported on by people that have no idea what they are talking about.

12. 870

870 Well-Known Member

That's my point skeez. Seems to me all reports are it was an AR. Conspiracy posters seem to be confusing things, saying AR was found in the trunk, which I have seen no credible sign of. Seems pretty straightforward, press says AR, and nothing contradicts that.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The gun in the trunk had an operating handle on the side of the action, not at the rear like most AR15s.

Saiga shotguns match that, but so does a Ruger SR22 (based on a 10-22), as well as Remngton 1100 and 1187 shotguns, etc. There is one AR15 variant that has an operating handle on the side (Fulton Armory sells them), plus other military and military based firearms have an operating handle there too.

14. schwabby

schwabby Member

The shell that flopped into the trunk appeared way too big to be a 223

15. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

The FBI has reprted there were 4 handguns found in the school.

SM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.