1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MSNBC Cans Olberman And Mathews

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KenC, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

KenC Member

Just caught part of this but MSNBC has fired Keith Olberman and Chris Matthews.

I can't think of two jerks more deserving of being unemployed.

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

I thought they were 'transfered' to lesser duties, but either way, those two clowns are classic liberals. They finished dead last in viewership during the conventions.

Maybe, just maybe, this country is starting to make a conservative trend.

3. KenC

KenC Member

Probably explains why I say Olberman on NBC's pre-game show last night.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Can't ya just feel the love????

Curt

5. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

MSNBC is no longer using them as news anchors but they are both keeping their opinion based shows.

Walker

6. KenC

KenC Member

Also heard on tv that their programs had the lowest ratings (Olberman's 'Countdown', ALWAYS had the lowest rating in it's time slot) during the conventions but that that the main reason for their firings was their blatant partisanship for the Democrats and against the Republicans. It was so bad that NBC's Tom Brokaw couldn't stomach it and demanded their firings.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm shocked - SHOCKED - to hear of liberal bias in the media!

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Olbermann is one of the stupidest I have seen in a long time. There has been a never ending stream of vindictive trash talk aimed at Bill O'Reilly. Apparel and hairdo wise he looks like a 1940's Zoot Suiter.

In fact, I started watching O'Reilly more just to see if he REALLY had vestigial horns.

They should have kept him on to hasten their demise.

HM

9. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

No matter what, you always know from where Rush, Hannity, and other conservatives come. They are up front, and do not pretend to be neutral, or news people. They are also unendingly positive.

Left wing media members can't be honest, and will go to great pains to be perceived as neutral. It just never works. They can't hide who they are. Whether it's Olberman, Mathews, or the usual suspects at Air America. They are negative, and never cease to be the image of doom and gloom.

Dennis

10. DJM

DJM Member

2str8
    All the shows you mentioned are commentary/opinion shows and labeled as such. They do not represent themselves as "unbiased journalists". No one tunes into Rush for unbiased news, we all know we will get conservative based commentary. When MSNBC uses Olberman & Mathews to anchor their convention coverage that shows a bias. You may not have noticed that when Bill O'Riely was at the convention it was not on Fox News coverage of the convention. Instead the show was clearly labeled the O'Reily Factor. I have no problem with liberal commentary. Olberman looks like the answer the liberals have been looking for to counter the many well known conservatyive commentators. Just keep it seperate from the news.

Don Miller

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Fellow posters:

In responsible journalism there is a clear and distinct separation between the front page and the editorial page. News goes on the front page. Opinions belong on (and should ALWAYS be relegated to) the op ed page.

Hard news and opinions about issues reported in news are all part and parcel of 'the media'. They are both 'good' things but they are NOT the same thing. The rub is when the line between news and opinion becomes burred. Therein lies the answer to the question posed by our clueless friend 2str8.

"... how do you (I) explain Hannity, limbo, ...., and all the repub talk radio?"

It's a simple explanation 2str8. These are NOT news shows. They simply use the daily news as a platform to expound on their conservative political points of view. Readers/listeners get to judge whether those views have merit or not. As a point of fact, the size of the audiences for Limbaugh, Hannity, and O'Reilly is in the millions. One could count the audience for Mathews' and Olberman's "news" programs on one hand.

IMO, there isn't much of a market for liberal talk shows because the audience for that material gets all they want and more by watching the ten o'clock news on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc. If they prefer, they can read liberal commentary (masquerading as news) on the front page of the NY Times, LA Times, Boston Heralds, San Fran Chronicle, ad. nauseum.

The Drudge Report website is an example of how opinion is handled appropriately. There is a list of something like 100 syndicated opinion columnists. They include liberal bastions like Camille Paglia, Eleanor Clift, and Maureen Dowd as well as conservative icons like Bob Novak, Phyllis Schafly, and the ever popular bomb throwing Ann Coulter. Love them or hate them, their OPINIONs are confined to opinion columns available for all of us to read and enjoy.

sissy

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I appeared on the Oberman show right after the Dick Cheney shooting accident. Since I run a Quail and Pheasant hunting operation, MSNBC thought it would be a good thing to interview someone from "that side of the fence". During the interview I pointed out, among other things, that their silouette (sic) of the accident victim was clearly incorrect. I also refuted his barbs which were clearly biased aganist the VP. My impression was that he was only interested in placing real blame on Mr. Cheney. There was no interest in the truth nor sympathy for the victim.

As for Mr. Mathews, I think that the most recent "tingle" up his leg is from his wetting his pants by losing his show and his credibility. And for those of you who criticize the conservative talk show hosts, think about this: if Bill O'Reilly did not have a crusade against the corruption at NBC News, this would never have happened.

13. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

2str8, your agenda will never fly here so why try it? Go to moveon.org or daily kos for your ego boosts.

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Both of these so called commentators have been in the tank for Obama all the way, without any sense of objectivity whatsoever.

I hope they replace them with Phil Donahue.

HM

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Dr. Phil has more useful information than those two leftist pukes!! Their careers just went down the tubes with the MSNBC ratings...

Curt

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Just remember, for every Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity, the liberals have a Michael Moore, or a Keith Olberman, or yeek, a Bill Maher.

17. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

The 2 previous post,,both good points,,buuuuuuuuut,,don't Moore,Maher and Olbermann have a pretty good track record of LYING???????

18. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

2str8, you're hyperventilating.

19. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

2stupid,,it will be a cold day in hell when I'm afraid of a liberal dumbacrap,,

I'd rather be a republican nut-job than a liberal with no nuts and no job,,,,

20. KenC

KenC Member

Being called a "Dummy" by 2str8 is one of the nicest compliments I've ever been paid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.