1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MSN question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

All of a sudden there is an ad window on the right side of the MSN page. It appears to be something new from MSN.Any Way to get rid of it ? Thanks , Jeff

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

If you are talking about msn.com I don't have it. If it is somewhere else it is usually put there by the site owners. Knowing how greedy they are you probably won't be able to get rid of it.

Bob Lawless

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Yes Bob , MSN.com- hotmail

4. ivanhoe

At least I think that you are talking about what I am noticing now. Just curious why don't you take the ad survey and see if it give you any more input in that direction. That has been there for quite a while.

BTW just what is it that irritates you about it? It is so non-noticeable to me that at first I didn't know what you were referring to. I don't however go there very often. I get here directly with a cable connection and links in the task bar at the bottom of the page. So the only time I go to msn is for non-shooting/sports related needs.

Sorry I wish I could be more help.

Bob Lawless

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Bob , this is something new in the last few days. It shrinks my screen size by 15 to 20 percent in width and has different ads that are distracting. Only on the hotmail page. Jeff

6. ivanhoe

Jeff sorry I don't have that, this piece of junk is running Windows 7 there is no Hotmail in 7 just live mail.

Sorry but you are definitely better off as 7 is a total waste of time. Every time I turn around I have a new conflict that drags this thing down to near useless. There is only one processor faster than this one, It has 6 gig of ram and every time this program refreshes itself it take more than 30 seconds to bring the refreshed threads back up on the screen. So I am not insensitive to your plight but I don't have the ad window you are talking about. Sorry as I said I wish I could be more help all I can say is at least I tried.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.