1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MrGun Goes Back out on the Trap Line Again!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by train222, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

Hello All,

It's been over 5 years since I stood on the Trapline & yelled out "Pull"...

I went to Langhorne Rod & Gun Glub for fist time in 5 years (since I got sick and lost the sight in my left eye) this past Thursday Night....

I was really afraid to shoot again. All I kept thinking about was something going wrong and losing the sight in my right eye...

Was really shaking and jerking on the first 25....I ended up with a 19....

Really had to fight the gun because of all the weight I had lost...

I will have re-set all of my guns to fit me again...

I finally settled down and did a lot better on the second 25 and broke a 23...

Glade I did it....I really felt good when we where done. Especially knowing that I can start shooting again...

It's going to take sometime to get back into the swing of things....

But I am going to just take my time and not push it...

I am in no hurry especially since I was not able to shoot for the past five years....

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your kind concerns, over the past five years...

Break em all...

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

train222@aol.com

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Great news. I bet it felt good to stand up there again. Congrats on making it back.--Matt

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Good Luck and Welcome back.

Nothing better than going out and shooting some trap targets.

Oh wait, there is one thing better but I'm to dang old to remember what it was...........lol

Shoot good and often!

Hauxfan!

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Iknow the feeling Stu. I developed incurable cancer in late August and got so weak that I sold my loaders and most of my guns. As it happens, although my cancer will always be with me and I will have to take chemo pills every day, my cancer is in remission and I have begun to shoot again. Good Luck on your journey back Stu. I am enjoying shooting again and although I have not ventured very far from the 16 yard line I will, God willing, work my way back.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Good for you Stu! Never thought about how the fear of losing the only eye a guy has left might affect a fellow. I would get some kick ass eye protection! Take a look at Wileyx line of eye wear. It's what our boys in the military wear and it's what i wear as well. I bought them for fishing and then found out later how safe they are. I wanted them to elimanate glare for spotting fish and and they are great for that as well. Wiley x web search will get you to the web site. I got mine on E-bay for 90.00 bucks. Jeff

6. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hey Stu VERY GOOD NEWS and it sounds like you never missed a beat.The club is much different since last time huh?
    Jim Z

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Stu, Great to hear. Welcome back! Bill

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Stu:
    You must be a pretty good shooter after shooting a 23 after a long lay off like that. I shoot weekly and your scores our better than mine. Proud of you buddy. By the way, what gun did you shoot the other day?
    Steve Balistreri

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good for you Stu!! And to Hoosier Daddy too!! I know first hand what it's like not feeling up to shooting, and I do love to shoot! All my best to you both!

Hap

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Stu, God bless you for the courage to try it again. You are a great asset to this site and the shooting sports

11. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Stu...great news I am glad to
    Hear your back shooting.

Your missing all the rain here

Vern

12. TC

TC TS Member

Stu, great news. Keep at it! Tony

13. train222

Hoosier Daddy,

I want to sincerley thank you for your kind words. It is absolutely amazes me, that a person in your current situation, can give me those special words of encouragement, I don't know what to say...

I thank you from the bottom of my heart and my prayers and thoughts will be with you....Please get well and enjoy your shooting pleasures for ever...

Thanks again,

Stu

14. train222

SuperXJeff

My glasses was also something that I was very concerned about. I had a very special set of double laminated lenses made for my regular glasses. They are virtually supose to be bullet proof. I think that they realy helped me to get back out on the line.....

Senior Smoke,

I shot my favorite shotgun...Browning BT99 Max with 34" Barrel, Soft Touch Stock, Improved Mod Choke and Winchester AA 7 1/2's Lights. Next time I go out I will take the TM1 which is set up the same as the BT99 Max...

I want to thank all of you for your kind words.....This is a sport that I have enjoyed my entire life and have realy missed it....To finally to be able to get out and enjoy it again is very special to me...

Again, thanks everyone...

Stu

15. B.C.

B.C. Member

Hey Stu welcome back, bring some wares and come back to the New Jersey State shoot if you can ! Bill Cook

16. train222

B.C.

Billy,

No loner vending anymore but will defintley be there for the state shoot...

Later,

Stu

17. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Ok Stu

Bring your gun and shooting stuff and we can go shoot a round at the practice trap. I'll buy.

Vern

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'm very happy for you Stu!!! Its always great to hear good news from someone on this site. May it only get better for you. Break-em all. Jeff

19. train222

Vern,

Bill was talking about the New Jersey State Shoot, which I am going to try to make this year....But I will definetley be going to the Pennsy State Shoot..... Don't know what day as yet, but when I do, I will get your cell phone number, before we leave, so we can hook up....

Later,

Stu

20. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

That's great news Stu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.