1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. Winston , Please read.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gundog, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gundog

gundog TS Member

May i suggest to you sir, and all others who care so much about the ATA that this is not the proper forum anymore to discuss serious matters. This forum has degraded to a level that hurts our sport and the ATA.
    I for one thank you for your many years of service to the ATA, an organization i care about.
    We need to find another forum where real trapshooters can voice their opinions and concerns without being chastised. Now read the following posts as my case will be proved.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hey Neil! Nice to see and shoot with you again at the Grand...

Jim Chapman

Hell, Michigan

(cooler than Sparta!)

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Neil. Everyone wants credit for your credibility.

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

You've always been a gentleman on this site. Thanks. I've received a lot of good gun info from you. You, Pat Ireland, MIA and several others are worth listening to.

5. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Niel I shoot a practice round or two with you at the NY state shoot a couple of years ago, you are an asset to our sport and a gentelman. Keep up the good work. BernieK

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Pulldude is right on.

Jon Schorle

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Neil. We need to lose some weight.

8. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

ditto all this

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Probably one of the most intelligent posters on this forum and fun to fight with-even if he's usually wrong. My opinion only!!

10. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

oleolliedawg,

You could have left out the "probably" (on the intelligent posters part).

Danny

11. gundog

gundog TS Member

12. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Ralph Waldo Emerson has written, "To win the respect of intelligent people, this is to have succeeded." You, Neil, have succeeded.

Bob

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

We should run Mr.Winston for President of something! Maybe USA? CED

14. JTEA

JTEA Member

The fair discussion of the ATA by it's members is in order, perhaps this is not the best forum. What is evident is that, with the continued brow beating bordering on liable, few will want to step forward to assume the important leadership roles. As has happened with our current political system.

Expressing anger at leaders when expecting them to follow rules which are not written (many posts I have read) is unfair at best. Issues need to be resolved, perhaps more transparency, but dissension and devisiveness does little more than feed the egos of a few.

JT

15. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I suggest that we continue to discuss the ATA and the many problems that it may have. This is a shooting forum. Let's keep the political agendas and garbage off of this forum!

blade819

16. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

This may be the ONLY forum the general membership has; good or bad. If we give it up; it's back to smoke-filled back rooms for the elite. A certain level of civility and decorum might be appropriate and desired in place of the present ramblings. Thank you, Mr. Winston for your involvement. AJ

17. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I want to say how much I appreciate all that I so happily read here. Thank you all. As I have responded to many (but not yet all) of the other messages I have received, without this kind of this kind of support I couldn't imagine sticking around.

Except for a few tiger traps and trappers, this is a great place and I can't imagine a life without all the friends I have made here.

Ollie, I try to fun to argue with, as, I think, do you. We can't shoot all the time, can we, nor can I make it to Pennsylvania to encounter you on a trapfield mano a mano. So this will have to make do. You are a fair, competent, and challenging opponent and what else could I ask for? And this goes for all of you. It's a long winter coming up and I have some wonderfully controversial data to present. Stick to your guns, sharpen your critical and rhetorical skills, and let's raise some dust!

Many, many thanks. To you all.

Neil

18. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Neil, I know you are busy....How is the Choke tube test going?? Thanks.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.