1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. Winston, Did you take your new italian on

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kelly andersen, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Just curious if you and your new italian had a date yet and wanted to know how she treated you. LOL

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

We're just getting to know each other, Kelly, but we seem compatible.

Jim W. dreads me putting on an adjustable butt-plate, apparently "hoping she can change me" which if you've watched any daytime dramas at all you know will never work in the long term. But you have to be a bit flexible early in dating and I'm doing my part, shooting it "as is." Sort of like sitting through a chick-flick and putting up with it instead of a nice night at home with ESPN. ESPN will come, after all; you just have to bide your time. Besides, she is a real looker.

I've decided to give it a flat or two of shells without changing anything, and specifically before taking it to the pattern board. I want to see if I can guess at its POI by shooting. It is pretty close now; it breaks most singles targets hard and I'm just testing shooting a bit higher, a bit lower to see what happens. Then back to the 27 for the same experiments - closer if 27 doesn't work out.

I think "our relationship will work;" thanks for asking.

Neil

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I understand the principle of those "teeter-totter" type ribs but I do have a question about them. Sitting at the bench, aiming one of those, I can see it working flawlessly. How does that "teeter-totter" movement translate to shooting at moving targets? If the rear sight doesn't change, position of the eye? Who better to ask since Neil now has one? Hap

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Ask in a few months, Hap. At the present time I've no idea. My guess is, however, that it will turn out to be way more complicated than it looks.

Neil

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Will do!! Thanks. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.