1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. Charles's Status.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr. Charles, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Mr. Charles

To all of my TS.Com friends:

It's been a long struggle but I am finally feeling like doing something. I finished Radiation, not without problems. (got burned) This stopped the treatment for several weeks. I have however finished it. I am on chemo now and have Five more months left.

I will be perfectly honest with you. It has been a struggle, however I am not a quitter. I shot the first full round last evening. When finished one of my best shooters came up and told me , " Noe that is some great shooting, coach." I absolutely vaporized 25 of them. Couldn't shoot any more 'cause of the port in my chest but it let me know I am still one hell of a fighter and I am winning the battle...

I apologize for not answering all of the e-mails and not posting on here. I have been so tired and just couldn't get on here and be un-truthful.

I am not a complainer. With gods help and the finest kids in the world< I am now feeling better. We are gonna lick it as I said.

I haven't missed a shoot with the kids yet. I didn't feel like going to a couple of them, but went and smiled anyway.

Every day some of the kids are here for me. They have been mowing and cleaning my yard this week.

Also the Varsity teem average, eight deep is 960. If they can hold out we have a chance of placing in State. The won second last year, three birds from a tie with first. (I think)

Leo and Karla. Zack and Logan and Ethan Hastie have been stealing the show at the regional shoots. Two shoots ago Logan ink balled 100 straight again. Ethan done it at the last shoot. U done good with them.

I will have to get off of here for now but will B Back. Gotta get ready to go to chemo.

It's a beautifully day here in So Ill today 69 degrees this AM.

Rick Gibbs, Look forward to meeting U at the State Shoot.

I and the kids owe a debt of gratitude to Phil Kiner, Leo Harrison, and Terry Jordan and others for all of the help they have given and support for me and my team. Thank you from the bottom of my heart...

Thanks to all for your support and prayers.

As I have said before, there is a Trap Range made of Gold in Heaven for all of you.

God bless you all,

Mr. Charles

A special Prayer goes out to all who have Cancer

2. chuckles

chuckles Member

Keep your Positive attitude, it will serve you well...

regards

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tell the kids to find us if they get to Linn Creek for the MO State Shoot. If not, we will see them at the Grand. Stay strong and we will keep you in our thoughts....karla

4. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

I went through this with my youngest son. It was an 8 year battle and through it all, attitude was what carried the day. Cures certainly do happen! With the help of the kids, I am sure you will prevail. Hang in there and fight the good fight.

Regards
    Jack

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My very best wishes to Mr. Charles, who I consider the most helpful member on this forum!

6. TC

TC TS Member

So good to hear you are making progress. Wishing you the best. Tony

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mr Charles, Your number one priority is to get better and survive. I hope you win this battle and eventually, the war. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Carl

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad you're winning Mr Charles, I went through it about 11 yrs ago, it's a tough row to hoe, but you can whip it, but I know how much it sucks

Good Luck, and keep after it, you will beat it

9. Kerz

Kerz Member

Sir, what a story. You most certainly are the man among men!
    Vic

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Gary/ Mr. Charles glad to hear from you on here ok I haven't been on here a lot either but someone sent me an email about your thread.
    Anyway it looks like you still have plenty of support from your kids from souther IL im sure you are like a 2nd Dad to many of them.

Well you know if I can help with anything in the future then you have my email and phone number im sure.

I doubt if I could break a 20 out of 25 nowdays since I haven't fired a shot in a while.

Keep us updated on your progress and the Kids shooting
    Foggy
    Craig Thweatt

11. old george

old george TS Member

I am 92 years old but I am determined not to let the infirmities of old age to keep me from shooting every week. My best to you --keep up the fight even if your scores , like mine, aren't the best . May God heal you !!

Old George

12. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Gary,

Keep it up, and what a bunch of good kids you have. wishing you and them all the best. You know my prayers are still with you and glad you are feeling better and fighting this beast. God Bless..

Gary

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Gary.

I read all of your e-mails on how great the kids are doing. I have the team pictures you sent me on the wall where I do my charts. I can't imagine the stress you are going through and still have the the drive to coach your teams. I know you love the game and you are setting an example of real strength these kids will remember all of their lives. Keep up the great attitude and win this battle.

God Bless.

Terry Jordan.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Beat the bastard Mr. Charles!

15. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Thank you all!

Got back from chemo today and, well, hell, If I felt any better I couldn't stand it. Not necessarily the truth, but, thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Three of the boys were here most of the day , mowing, weed eating, raking , cleaning and everything else. Yes they are like my own family, and the good thing is I only have to feed them a couple or six times a week. (LOL).

I might add that I officially retired the first of the month, and it feels great. Just the thought. I haven't actually worked for a while. I sold my business to an employee .

There is a lot I would like to say, but, I am just too tired tonight. I will try and add a few thoughts in the evenings as I can.

Usually worn out on chemo day and my low days are usually Thursday and Friday.

I have no complaints. When I feel tired, etc., I just think of all of the kids at St. Jude's and it makes me feel good.

Good night all, and God bless.

mc

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

All the best to you Gary. Beat this thing.

Tim Bruggeman<br>
    Shawnee, KS

17. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Gary so good to hear from you. This will just be a spped bump in the road of LIFE! Two years ago a friend of mine retired from ISP. Full pension, the whole bit. Last July we were down in Foggyland ( I will meet with you too Foghorn, very soon!), working on the property I bought. He was complaining about being sore in his lower back and I was chiding him about being soft as he retired with some rank on his sleeve. He was smart enough to go see a DR shortly after we got back, and discovered a 3" tumor growing IN his spine and a blood cancer that had spread-multiple myeloma. The diagnosis was bad, pretty much sell all your 33and a third LP's because you aren't going to live long enough to hear them.

He went for a second opinion with a DR that reccommended aggressive treatment and told him NOT to sell anything! Chemo, radiation, chemo and more chemo. He just got the results of his last tests, blood numbers higher that anything in the last 5 years ( he has lupus so he had good records), the tumor gone, and bone regrowing where it had been! They harvested his stem cells for a transplant if necessary, but the DR told him he was 99.9% percent sure that he would not need the transplant and to just finish with s cycle or two more of chemo. Just about as cured as he could be considered to be cured.

A far cry from the first one that told him to put his affairs in order, I thought I would be doing his funeral services within a year, and he has turned completely around.

So my friend call me if you need anything and we will meet up at the State Shoot, and the GA. Our prayers are going your way. You will beat this, Rick Gibbs

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

20-plus-year survivor here. A positive attitude, love, kids, and a walk with God (and good Docs) are essential in getting through this. Sounds like you have it all. Martin and I are pulling and praying for you.

Lucky kids...we all know that you are a good cook and a good coach!

19. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Going thru the same thing here..
    Finished 6 weeks chemo/radiation combo and now on my second go-round of chemo.
    Some times you gotta make like the Marines and "improvise,adapt,overcome, persevere.
    Or take a nap and do what you wanted to do today...tomorrow. LOL

Take care. Joe Wasson

20. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

I have felt great today and the last few days. If I felt any better I couldn't stand it.

Just found out that one of my best friends is having trouble. The found a tumor on his pancreas.

Thank you for all of the support,

mc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.