1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. Charles returns...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Mr. Charles, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

After an extended absence, I plan to visit TS.com. occasionally. I have had a lot of medical problems that had to be taken care of. I see a several of my old friends here and want to say hello to them.

I will be selling a few things on here as I have time. I have several thousand AA HS 28 gage hulls. I also have new AA HS Shells. (Better to be sold in So. ILL). I Will also be selling my Browning Cynergy UN-Single Combo. 30-32. I have pictures but need to re-learn the posting process. Willing to discuss any of this on here at any time before I get the pictures posted.
    Due to these health issues I am unable to shoot anymore. I had to give up coaching also. (That broke my heart) In my short career I had the honor of coaching two back to back ATA Rookies of the Year who were on my 2nd. place State Teams. I had one boy I coached go to my Friend Stu Wright and was a member of the National Sporting Clay 1st. Place team. Had shooters in the top three positions in trap, in the Nationals. It has been a wonderful time and I miss it.

Anyways, I am doing pretty good now and plan on being around for a while...

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Sorry to read of you having to give up what you love.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I'm also sorry you have had to give up shooting, but am glad to here you are on the mend

If I hadn't been insistent on getting a PSA test 19 years ago when I was 41 I wouldn't be here typing today, we need to keep on top of stuff

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you can no longer shoot but glad your health has improved and you cain rejpin us on T.S

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Sorry for what you had to give up. But it sure is great to have you back !
    Mr. Charles is a top notch guy here on TS.com !!!!!!!!
    Rooferbob

6. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Great to see you back! I hope you've found a hobby that makes you as happy as shooting :)

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Saddens me to hear of that, but I am glad to hear you are mending. I know how you feel. I missed several years of hunting and shooting because of complications from pneumonia.

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sorry you had to give up all of that, but glad your back and mending.

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

One of my all time favorites and all around OUTSTANDING diplomat of the shooting community!

Glad to see you back!

Joe

10. TC

TC TS Member

Great to hear you are back. Tony

11. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

It's sure great to hear from you guys. Tron, Roofer Bob, Tony, Brian, Yvonne, Bruce, Charlie Cat Power, and Rick. I can't place Rick off hand but that's OK. Dang, it's like a family reunion. I have had a lot of memory problems over the last few years, but sometimes thats kinda handy. I get along pretty good though.

Joe, I have a few Beretta items, I will send you when I get a chance. I'm sure you will find a use for them. I think I still have your address.

Again, great to hear from all of you.

12. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Well Mr. Charles how very good to hear from you! The last time we were talking it was about 1 of your "jubiliees", and then you fell out of contact with everyone on here. I made some inquiries and no one knew what happened to you! I had to give up shooting too. The shoulders just gave out! I've been shooting some 5.56, a little.
    And the coaching ended also since we relocated to the Commonwealth! But we are here now, and out of that STATE!

Is any of your phone contact info that I have current? If not please PM me with the one you are using now. I wouldn't be against making a trip up to visit you either!!! Let me know. So very good to hear from you, Rick Gibbs

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Well this is sure a wonderful New Years present. I had lost touch with you and wondered often how you were doing. I'm sure sorry that you had to quit shooting but I am so glad you are ok. I'm hesitant to ask but how is your uncle doing. You can PM me or email me if you would like. jackieben@xxxaccessatc.xxxnet remove the x's for the correct email address. At any rate it is nice to see you back in here. Jackie B.

14. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Rick and Jackie, how great to hear from you guys...Rick if the number starts with 618-927----- It is correct. Be glad to have a visit from you and you are better off out of Illinois. I will PM my number anyway. We can pick up from a few years ago.

Jackie, so glad to hear from you also. Jackie I lost my Uncle Vernon On Memorial Day two years ago. fitting day for a 103 year old WW-2 Veteran. He had a great Military send off. Nobody her but me now.

I still get to deer hunt. My cousins who are master carpenters built me a new deer stand before I had my surgery three years ago. 6x6 house, 10' to the floor. After falling off the ladder earlier they came and built me a staircase with hand rails. I leave the house in my mule (cab and heater) and drive to 15' of it. Ha, Ha. I still take kids deer hunting.

Enough for now. This made my day...

15. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Hi Garry glad to hear you are OK. I did not see you at the last grands in 2011 & 2012. Hope all your health issues are behind you great to see you on here again.
    Ray &Pat will be making their last trip to the grand in 2013 as they are retiring I hope to come along for the last time as I have some health issues now.

Kindest Regards
    John Holder AKA Stubbie

16. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

Hey! John, what a pleasant surprise. Let me know when you are going to be there and I will make it a point to come see you. I will even treat you to lunch. Need to visit with you. Will Aussie Ray be there? I can't wait. I'll bring my Mule and maybe we can shoot a round of sporting. I probably can't hit anything anymore, but it would be fun with you anyway. I can get around the vendors now that the VA has given me a scooter.

Good luck, Down Under, Mate...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.