1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club, Where Are You ????????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sixshooter, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

What has happened to the news items from this once great club. They used to post their results for each weeks jackpot shoots but they have suddenly disappeared. Could it be that since their grizzled old President can't win anymore, the results don't get posted. Or maybe the fact that big Dan has begun to dominate the money totals, they are afraid to post for fear of IRS concerns. Another possibility is it is so cold there, the shot string has frozen in the air making it impossible for the targets to even break!

No, it must be the work of the grizzled old president, Jimmy Bowen.

2. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Ohhh, Sixshooter, we're still here. And you asked, so I'll post the results. But when you don't see the results here, you can always go to the Mpls. Gun Club website, see the results, take a tour of our outstanding facility, the park like grounds, scrumptious food items, 5...count 'em, 5 inside flush toilets,2 NEW urinals, and the best set targets in the state.

What happened today???? We had a great turnout, we had shooters from all over the State, a couple of 49's turned in, more 25 straights than I could count, Big Dan was running around in his new shooting coat....why he wanted "Rump Rider" stitched in pink above the pocket is beyond me, the MTA directors that were present have just about finished the proposed restructuring of the said MTA, we're going to do the ATA next, MIA, oNe WE cAll oUr owN, is going to be the new "Director of Spelling" on T.S.com, and the Literalist is going to be the next President, I'll let you guess President of what. I will tell you that the Iowa Clowns will be his BOD. There are other "items" under scrutiny but if I mentioned them now....it might be mis-construed as "gossip". All I can say is.......stay tuned.

1st Class First Place Stan Durda 49 Second Place Curt Peterson 49

2nd Class First Place Scott Steffen 46 Second Place Scott Steffen 46

3rd Class First Place Ray Steffenson 43 Second Place Dan Ward 43

4th Class First Place Troy Smith 40 Second Place Mike Herold 39

Ties = Handicap from the Back

Thanks to all participants and we hope to have another beautiful day next Saturday. Don't forget about MGC's Friday Fish Frys during Lent. 5 - 8 pm. C ya soon.

C'mon out and spend an enjoyable day with us.

Jimmy Bowen

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Just barely Jack........lately its been a struggle.

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Zardoz........its all in the flip of the coin....you know that better than ANYBODY. Its that "everybody has a chance" Lewis system.

Although I question how well it works sometimes. We have one shooter who has entered about 35 times since the start of the shoots and hasn't won yet. Bobby Munson Jr. is his name, or what we call him, so he can shoot, he just can't get lucky.

I sure hope you warm things up at Red Mountain in a week. See you soon.

Jimmy Bowen

5. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

Zard - your right. Watched Tom shoot practice yesterday and his game has really come together - except his singles, handicap and doubles where he seemed to have a little trouble in each. You know what he says "Sheep to sheer and chickens to pluck" Sit down when you read this - he did buy us supper last night. AM

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Great post AM. You threw more daggers in 4 sentences than I've seen in a long time. You are always welcome to sit at the "Every Saturday MTA mini Board Meetings" at Mpls. whenever you'd like. Heck, bring the old dog with you too.

See you in a week. I heard Tom is having a steak cookout at his rig.

Jim W

7. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Sixshooter...

Just how much did Big Dan pay you to put... "Ever since Big Dan began dominating"... Never thought I would see that in print.... other than from Big Dan himself...

You may be liable for putting stuff like that on here... I have blisters in my sinuses from my coffee coming out my nose...

Something must be amiss if that old man is the current lead dog....

Jim... what the heck is going on down there?!?!?!?

LWL

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL, don't know what to tell you. Big Dan can't hit his ass with both hands during the summer shooting season but put him out there on a cloudy, blustery day and he turns up the wick. No chipping or chunking either, well somebody did call a target for him one day, but for the most part they're all smoke.

He's down in the dumps a lot until somebody brings up the Championship plaque with your name on it then that Blondie, blue eyed Swede comes unglued. He won't shut up for 45 minutes. Something about you not deserving some buckle you've got.

Get your buttocks down here someday.

Jim W

9. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

As El' Presidente' of your club, and established plaque "resident" ...you did make it his official club "job" to polish that plaque, right?... He isn't falling down on the job is he???

You have to tell me... Is the big fella still in his historical pattern of brain-flatusing several easy singles targets and then going out there and pounding the handicap targets??? I have known him for quite some time, and the dude just isn't "right". Can't run the singles, and shoots WAY better in crappy weather. Absolutely no logic with this guy. I gotta figure the trap Gods are taking pity on him, and "blowing" his larger patterns into some of those targets he would have missed from 16.... He always did tell us how it is "better to be lucky than good"....

Maybe we could talk MIA, or maybe that sandbagger Mr. Szyska into giving him a little "clinic" on the virtues of shooting singles well... I might even consider chipping in for the cost of said clinic for the guy....

Actually... I really wish I had the time to get down there... None of you guys warned me about the hazards of having a passle of kids. Pretty much no time for anything beyond their activities... yeah I know, I am whining....

Give my best to the crew down there...

LWL

10. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

I wish I had never started this thing. Sorry Big Dan, these guys are just envious of your natural ability.

11. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Sixshooter...

I'm glad you did start the thread... Been a while since I could stir the pot with the big Swede... You see, he usually has a good, and mutually abusive response. In fact, he's the type of guy who will photocopy the published averages out of the book, and fax it to your workplace, fully highlighted for all to see... Of course, this is only when he happens to be ahead of you... So don't go trying to make him a martyr...

Don't mistake the banter as serious. Actually, I would be the one who introduced him to this game pushing 20 years ago... Not to mention finding him nearly all of his target guns... As for his natural ability... well, he can shoot... but you won't catch me telling that to the big lug...

LWL

12. dward

dward Member

What's the world coming to??? I've got Sixshooter and LWL saying nice things about me............and Mr. Walkadilliac ripping me??? It's akin to Darth Vader and Lex Luther making nice, and Mother Teresa kicking you in the you know whats!!!!

But honestly.....what would you do if you ordered a shooting jacket through the "trusted" Presidente of your club, and it came with a monogrammed "Rump Rider" taped over your name?? I can only be thankful it wasn't "Rump Ridee"!!!

I think I'm ready to go over to the "dark side"!! Hey Z, you got any extra room in that motor palace of yours??...I need to get the heck out of Dodge! Haven't heard any reports - how are you shooting???

Big Dan

13. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I think it would be tough to fit your size 16's in my coach. It's only 45 feet long!

My shooting has been improving after a rough start. Singles are back and my average is a perfect 99 which is a personal high for this time of the season. Doubles are decent and the caps have gotten better. Had a 95 last week.

I wish I could have been there to see you in the custom jacket. It is amazing how a mans past follows him around. I think if you look on the inside of the jacket, it does say "ridee", it was made to be reversable depending on your mood and the preference of your partner.

Pride Engineer, formerly sixshooter, formerly sixshooter 1, formerly Pride Engineer 1.

14. Ithaca$$$Grade

He does fine Zardoz..........as long as Lindsey tells him what to play.

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Yes Lit, I plan on making the trek to your stomping grounds this spring. Of course you are welcome to sample any of the refreshments I have in my fancy ass motorhome. Gin, not unless you order in advance. Beer, anytime.

There are a few rules though. You must leave your corn whisky at home. You must wear shoes and clean the cow dung off your boots. No spitting tobacco on the floor or walls. You must not wear your "Rump Rider" jacket. And finally, you are not welcome if you bring your lover Big Dan. Having two gays around is too much, especially when one is a Swede and one is a Polak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.