1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Valentine Jackpot Trapshoot Feb 11

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and its time to think of that Special person in your life and get them something nice for the special occasion.

C'mon out this Saturday, February 11th and win some nice prizes. 1st, shoot a 25 and bring home a nice heart shaped box of candy.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=ValentineShoot2011002.jpg" target="_blank"> ValentineShoot2011002.jpg </a>

And, enter the event 3 times or more, your name gets put in for the drawing to take home a Heart Shaped Diamond pendant.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DiamondPendant2011002.jpg" target="_blank"> DiamondPendant2011002.jpg </a>

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM and goes until 4:00 PM.

With all those ATA gifts, ie. REDUCTIONS, the 25's will come easy. It's supposed to be a nice day, plenty of sunshine and light winds.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. trapper71

trapper71 Member

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, you think the Lit might make another trip north and shoot for the Valentine necklace? After all, his special Valentine Big Dan might be there. We need a picture of the Lit "pinning" Big Dan, with the necklace I mean.

I know the last time he came north, he and his "flock" were stopped at the Iowa border and examined for signs of sheep abuse. But if he leaves the girls, as he calls them, home, he shouldn't have that trouble again.

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh yeah, Big Dan was the BIG winner a few years back. Now I don't know who ended up with the beautiful diamond necklace. I do know that he was so "happy" that he couldn't have his picture taken standing up. I'm figuring Big Dan will be there to try and cash in on the prize again. It remains to be seen if the Lit will be there.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=ValentneDayShoot010.jpg" target="_blank"> ValentneDayShoot010.jpg </a>

Saturday, 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. dward

dward Member

You better believe I'll be there.......and I hope the old handsome devil does show up!! And I'll assure you that getting lucky in the drawing guarantees that you'll get lucky later.....as the Mrs loved the pendant.

Big "Lucky" Dan

6. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Dang it, if Iowa wasn't in the way, I'd be there. 'course if Big Dan was to shake his tailfeathers a little, my score would be horrid.

Have fun, guys! And, by the way, who's coming down to the Missouri State shoot? Just 3 months away!

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

Cash, prizes and diamonds.......Yup, that's what we do at the Minneapolis Gun Club.

In addition to the candy and diamonds we'll be paying out our regular Lewis class cash.

Cool temps, cool stuff to win. LOTS of sunshine!!!!

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dan ward is older now. Adn has been fidgeting with the rib on his MX2000. He's out of it for this shoot

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Here is the 2012 edition of the Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant. 1/2 total carrot weight. Enter the event 3 times and your name goes in for the drawing.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DiamondPendant2012006.jpg" target="_blank"> DiamondPendant2012006.jpg </a>

Ahhh, Jack, all Big Dan has to do is put his adjustments back to where he started and he could easily run another 50 straight. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

See ya soon.

Jimmy Bowen

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

For once I agree with Jimmy, Big Dan is tough when it gets windy and the chips are down. But I do have a suggestion on how to slow him up. Just remind him how cold it is. He's been hanging out in Florida too much this year and I think the cool Minnesota air will get to him. You could also ask him if he's got on his "Lit" pants. The ones with zippers in the front and rear.

11. dward

dward Member

OK guys take it easy on me.......I will admit the new gun stock has been biting as it's too high. But last week I got a perazzi mx stock with soft top from Ray Steffenson and she's mounted up and feeling pretty good.......so who knows??

And Jack how do you expect me to shoot good scores without you on my right side....where you been??

And Pride there definitely will be some coooool Minnesota air blowing this morning......so I'll be curious to see how many brave their way through 3 rounds. Almost wish I was down with you taking those "warm water aerobics in the buff" classes over at the Villages!!!

Big (soon to be frozen) Dan

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

"Warm water aerobics in the buff" and Mark Zauhar in the same sentence is WRONG!!! Dan, don't do that to us.

C'mon out, the weather isn't THAT bad. After all we're Minnedamsotians.....we're used to this stuff. Ya right.

Bright sunshine, cash, prizes and diamonds. What could be better on a Saturday in February.

Breakfast starts at 9:00 AM......Shootin starts at 10:00.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Whew, what a day. Coolest day so far this winter for a Jackpot shoot. 1 degree temp at the start with a 15-18 mph wind = 20 degrees BELOW 0. But, given the choice between warm water aerobics in the buff with a bunch of old pharts, or Jackpot Trap in cold weather....I'll take the trapshooting.

Thanks to everyone who braved the weather today. Came close to 50 entry's which was outstanding.

With the weather conditions only 1 25 straight was posted. Nice shooting Dennis Kecker. An executive decision was made to award the remaining Heat Shaped boxes of candy to those that posted 24's.

Scott Steffen...Dan Ward...Bob Wiltse...Jimmy Bowen...Ray Steffenson...Bob Smith...Bruce Lomker...Troy Smith...and Tiegan.

Lewis Class cash winners were...

1st Class Big Dan Ward46....Dennis Kecker 44

2nd Class Ray Steffenson 41....Troy Smith 41

3rd Class Lenny Lindquist 39....Thirtywhat? 39

4th Class Ray Steffenson 36....Curt Peterson 36

Ties = Handicap from the back, then Singles from the back, then Handicap from the front.

And the winner of the 2012 Valentine Jackpot Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant.....

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DiamondPendant2012012.jpg" target="_blank"> DiamondPendant2012012.jpg </a>

RAY STEFFENSON!!!! Now this isn't Ray. Meet Tiegan, one of our best Jackpot scorers. Ray had to get going. Imagine that.

Next up, in addition to our weekly Jackpot Shoots, March 17th....Ya bet your blarney stone, St. Patrick's Day Jackpot Shoot. Hit a green target, get one of our famous gun club burgers.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Who was it that predicted Big Dan would be tough? So Lit's favorite squeeze did it!! Dan must be the man alright. Then there's that gritty old shooter Ray Stephenson winning the diamonds. Wonder which gun Ray will be trading the pendant for?

I see Jimmy scored a season high 39. Way to go Jimmy, only seven off the pace. Not bad for a guy handicapped by his equipment. Of course, Jimmy's used to this as his equipment has handicapped him all his adult life.

And I see one of the Bowen sisters was second. Way to go Denny. Now if you could only teach your sister Jimmy to shoot that well.

Wish I could be there for the St Patty's Day shoot but alas, I'll be here at the Silver Dollar with the Minnesota Dog Squad retreiving those Southern Grand birds.

Good Luck and keep shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.