1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Valentine Jackpot Shoot Feb 12th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

All right you guy's & gal's, Valentine's Day is just around the corner, this coming Monday, and we're making it easy to get that special sweetheart in your life something special.

This Saturday, February 12th, c'mon out, its supposed to be in the 30's, shoot a 25 straight in either the 16's or the Handicap, and you'll get a heart shaped box of quality candy to bring home. Thats if you don't eat it on the way home!!!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=valentines3.jpg" target="_blank"> valentines3.jpg </a>

And, to keep the tradition going, if you enter the event 3 times or more, the more the merrier, your name will be placed in the bucket, random drawing, for this beautiful heart shaped ruby and diamond pendant!!!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DiamondPendant2011002.jpg" target="_blank"> DiamondPendant2011002.jpg </a>

This thing is Bee--U--TI--FULL. It's the nicest one we've given away. Heck, I'm even hoping I win it myself. But, whats the chance of that?? :>)

Sooo, C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays. Maybe even bring your sweetie out to give you that extra support to bring home the goodies.

Shootin will start at 10:00 AM and will go till 4:00 PM. Check the above website for directions and phone number if needed.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

I'd say your chances are pretty damn good with that "Special" coin of yours. Anyone who has to come up with new names on a weekly basis due to winning all the time is doing something right!!

Jeff

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, I think some of your "boyfriends" will think that necklace will look great with your pink Teddy and Bowen shotgun. You "da man"!!!

My question is though, how do you expect to win it when the past lady winner might be planning to come see you again?

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha!!! Prez, if that certain "someone" is here on Saturday its only because you released her from the confines of that Prevost.....which I don't think will happen. You Lovebirds.

Anyway........here is a picture from last years shoot, and the lucky winner, Big Dan Ward.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=ValentneDayShoot010.jpg" target="_blank"> ValentneDayShoot010.jpg </a>

Candy and a diamond necklace.....that makes for a good day......at the Minneapolis Gun Club.

The kitchen opens for breakfast at 9:00.....and the shootin starts at 10:00.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Now I get it. The picture of poor Dan with that box of candy explains all the colon problems the poor man has had. Jimmy, where did you get that candy?

All the shooters here at the Silver Dollar are asking the particulars on the shoot. I think they are planning on chartering a plane and flying up for your shoot. They want to know if it's ok to shoot other then a Bowen at the Mpls. club. No one here has one of course.

6. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Of course Jim wants to win the necklace....it would bring out the red in his eyes! By the way, if you shoot 3 times your name is in for the drawing...if you shoot 6 times does your name go in twice?

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I'm sure it will. Jimmy doesn't care, he knows he has his lucky coin in his pocket.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

CED. In your case you get double chances automatically.

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hotlips.......what am I gonna do with you?

Ya you betcha, if there are (2)two Demulling names on the score sheet, and they both shot 3 times each, yup, there will be (2)two Demulling names in the drawing bucket. You just bring enough whipped cream with you this time.

Yeah buddy Mark,you and your snow birds are more than welcome to c'mon up and do some shooting. I'll provide transportation from Lakeville International to and from the club. And if they bring something inferior to a Bowen....well thats why we have a Lewis Class payout. Even shooting that "other" stuff, they can be a winner. And for the really good news, the Lit is going to be here to judge anybody from the Sunshine State tan lines. For that contest, you are on squad 1 post 1. I know you wouldn't want it any other way.

Two days away......start time 10:00 AM.

See you at the MGC.

Jimmy Bowen

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

I almost forgot.....in addition to the boxes of candy, the genuine Ruby and Diamond pendant and all the BS you can handle........the $100.00 bill is on the line for a 50 straight!!!

Thats what I'm talking about....you shoot a 50 straight in an event, that's 25 singles, 25 handicap, no carry-overs from Phoenix or anything like that, and that $100.00 is YOURS.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=messinger.jpg" target="_blank"> messinger.jpg </a>

Check out our $100.00 bill model.

Balmy temps, sunshine?, always, light winds, and the best set targets in the state....plus all the perks. Where else ya gonna find it???

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Candy, pendant and cash......gotta nice ring to it Bob.

Somewhere in the "rules", number something, it says "ties divide". So we'll go with that. Last week, there were 4 48's shot. Scott "Iron Man" Steffen had 3 of 'em. He really wanted to take the top 2 spots but, Ha Ha, that 1856 penny did its job. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nicer day than last Saturday so its going to be doable. Now, if there is a tie, maybe the participants would be up for a shoot-off?? Kinda like the old days.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Jimmy Bowen

12. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Jimmy, wrong answer! Oh, by the way, last Saturday Jerry was shooting ahead for this Saturday. I am sure he told you that....so.....with that 25 he had he gets a box of chololates! Of course this had nothing to do with his chocoholic wife. Take care and we will collect the box of chocolates tomorrow.

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

C E, forget about the chocolate......I'm hoping you end up with the pendant. Besides, I'll pick up some deserts for this afternoon that will have enough chocolate in them.

Start time.....real soon.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Ithaca$$$Grade

Huge day today at the Minneapolis Gun Club. 91 entry's for the Jackpot.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=ValentineShoot2011004.jpg" target="_blank"> ValentineShoot2011004.jpg </a>

The weather was great for February, not much wind, the prizes and payouts were very good and the shooters showed up in force. Thank you to everyone who shot today.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=ValentineShoot2011002.jpg" target="_blank"> ValentineShoot2011002.jpg </a>

With all the 25's posted, 25 of them, Hershey PA wouldn't have had enough chocolate. The winners of the heart shaped boxes of candy were won by.....Dennis Kecker....Lenny Lindquist....Dan Ward.....Pat Blake....Curt Peterson....Jerry Demulling.....Ray Steffenson....Tim Mackey....Scott Steffen and Dave Trushenski.

The scores were as expected...intense. Len Lindquist started it out on squad 2 with a 49, he ran the only 25 in Handicap....Dave Trushenski, who just had cataract surgery, posted the 2nd 49 and then comes the "Iron Man" Scott Steffen with the 3rd 49 on the last squad out. He ran the singles, missed his 1st target on Handicap and ran the rest. Nice shooting you guy's. Troy Smith and Jack Swanson both took home a bunch of cash today. 14 places paid out today.

1st Class.......Len Lindquist 49.......Dave Trushenski 49

2nd Class.......Bob Smith 46......Cheryl Demulling 46

3rd Class......Troy Smith 45.....Troy Smith 45

4th Class......Jack Swanson 44....Dan Ward 44

5th Class......Ray Kirchoff 43.....Bruce Lomker 43

6th Class.....John Bacon 41.....Gerald Mollenhauer 41

7th Class.....Jack Swanson 38.....Dave Wiese 38

Ties = Handicap from the front then 16's from the front.

Last, but not least....the winner of the random drawing for the beautiful Genuine Diamond and Ruby Heart Shaped Pendant.....

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=ValentineShoot2011005.jpg" target="_blank"> ValentineShoot2011005.jpg </a>

GENE LACK!!!! Gene showed up today with a new gun, shot some very good scores and has a nice Valentine present to bring home. Congratulations Gene.

We'll be shooting every Saturday, with some "Special" events coming up, so....C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Jimmy Bowen

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

My question is, with 12 different winners, where was the Jimmy Bowen Bowen?

And the 91 entries, that must be a record jackpot shoot in Minnesota.

16. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hey, the Bowen worked flawlessly.....the namesake was struggling a little bit.

You should have seen all the people there....it was fantastic. Keith Thraen, still recovering from his last stroke, was there, Loren Hentges, it was good to see him out and about....it was good. 91 is a lot of entry's.

Now, on my way to Del Tone.....maybe I can win something at another club.

Jimmy Bowen

17. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy Jimmy, you don't need to shoot at other clubs, what you need is an injection of fine German craftsmanship.

18. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Hi Jim. Next time spend $500 on chocolates and give them everyone that doesn't shoot a 25. Just trying to help out the average shooters...:)

19. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Hot Lips, if you gave Jimmy a piece of chocolate everytime he didn't break 25, don't you think he would get a little fat?

20. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Of course not. It works like this....a piece of chocolate has about 70 calories, shooting a round of trap burns about 120 calories. So, by the time you have eaten a whole box of chocolates, provided you shoot a round of trap after each peace, you will actually loose weight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.