1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

This Saturday, November 20th, we will be hosting our annual Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot Shoot.

Shoot a 25 straight in either Singles or Handicap and you'll bring home a tasty turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.

<a href='http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=holiday-turkey--fd005255.jpg' target='_blank'> holiday-turkey--fd005255.jpg </a>

This will be in addition to the daily Jackpot Lewis Class payouts. The weather is supposed to be nice, but, if the 25's don't roll in like they usually do, we will do a random drawing for the birds.

Start time is 10:00 AM and we will shoot until 4:00 PM.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.....and take home some cash and a nice succulent turkey.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

That's a nice photo Jimmy. I was just wondering if you give the turkeys away all cooked up like that or do the shooters have to take care of it?? Either way, I look forward to coming down to the Minneapolis Gun Club and having some fun this Saturday!!! Please let Steffens know I'm bringing down the tasty little treat for the after shooting activities this week!!!

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey Boss... Gonna be chilly... Want me to pick up a box of hand warmers at GM on the way in?

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Awwww Jack, it will be a "nice" chilly. I think the green dot is about done though.

I'm sure Wade will have the "shake 'em to get 'em hot" hand warmers available. Lenny fired up his gas powered warmer yesterday and is going to let it run until Saturday just to make sure it works.

We'll get going at 10:00 AM sharp and start handing out the turkeys as the 25's roll in. Around noon we'll take a little break and have some pie and whipped cream. Pumpkin, apple, pecan and maybe wild berry.

C'mon out, bust some clays and enjoy the day.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ohhhhh ya!!! Breakfast at MGC.

We started our weekend breakfasts a few weeks ago. Eggs made to your liking, pancakes, bacon and hash browns. Or a bacon, egg & cheese sandwich.

<a href='http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=Breakfast2.jpg' target='_blank'> Breakfast2.jpg </a>

Lots of hot coffee, regular and usually some flavored variety's.

I'll be there early.....to make sure the bacon is done right. :>)

Hope to see you Saturday.

Jimmy Bowen

6. JACK

Yes Jimmy, the company cook is worth the trip.

Can I drive back to the pattern board? Might be some frost in by now. Whadda ya thunk?

7. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Guess all the questions have been answered concerning the Jackpot/Turkey Shoot at the Minneapolis Gun Club this Saturday. Great breakfast, Great targets, We'll be able to get warm,(this is more for the WI shooters than the MN shooters), We're going to have a little break with some pie and we're even going to have a liquid refreshment in celebration of Thanksgiving. However, the one question, or should I say two, that still need to be answered.

Will Jack make it this week or is he once again blowing “cold” air and if he does, Will he bring along that now famous cat??

Inquiry minds want to know.

Jeff

8. JACK

Jeff. Likely. I am on a "mission"

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jack, we had 9" of snow last Saturday....I'll be going out there today and will let you know if its reachable. I'm thinking with your monster mudder truck it should be OK. You'll have to be careful though....we installed a new pre-cast trap house on that field last Friday. Please don't be pattern checking one of your, God knows how many, release triggers on that thing of beauty.

Jeff, soooo many turkeys to be handed out, and that leaves a whole bunch of questions.....who's gonna be taking them home. I'll make sure there is some ice there for you guy's.

See you in the AM.

Zardoz, you're on squad 4 post 2 with the 2011 All Americans, Jerry & Cheryl Demulling.

Jimmy Bowen

10. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Whipped Cream....does it go on the pie? Either way, we plan to be there!

Now about the turkeys. You say that if I shoot a 25 I get to take one of you turkeys home....do any of you do windows? Wheather I shoot good or bad the nicest most suculant turkey will be going home with me!

Hope to see you tomorrow!

C E Demulling

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

"Does it go on the pie?" Ahhhhh.......I'm not touching that one...at least not here.

So, to go along with the Whipped Cream, we got a Carmel Apple Walnut Crunch pie, Blueberry and Pumpkin. And if you want some lighter fluid dribbled on it, that will be available too.

See you in the morning. Dress warm, bring lots of bullets.

Jimmy Bowen

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

Zardoz, that sounds like a great group to go to dinner with. I'll have the pleasure of spending most of the day with the All-American Demulling's and seeing what she has in mind with the Whipped Cream she keeps talking about.

Tom S should be here for this one but that ain't gonna happen. We'll have him here for the Christmas Party though.... Peggy says.

Gotta go and get those targets set so they can hit them.

Jimmy Bowen

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

A cold blustery November day in Minnesota......and the shooters showed up in force to shoot for the cash and the chance for a Thanksgiving turkey at the Minneapolis Gun Club.

Thanks to everyone who shot today. It was a 3 way tie for high gun...until the last squad went out.....and Scott Steffen showed us what he could do.

1st Class Scott Steffen 48.....Leo Switala 45

2nd Class Scott Steffen 42.....Mark Hintz 41

3rd Class Bob Wiltse 39......Jimmy Bowen 39

4th Class Dean Rutten 36.....Bob Smith

Ties= Handicap from the front then 16's from the front

Turkey Winners with 25 straights Leo Switala....Dennis Kecker....Jerry Demulling.

Turkey Winners by random drawing Mark Hintz....Scott Steffen....Steve Richards...Bob Wiltse.....Bruce Lomker.....Reney Langlois....Troy Smith.

Our next "Premium" Jackpot shoot will be December 18th. Hope to see you then.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their Families.

Today was also the opening of the Wisconsin Firearm Deer Season. We did have a bunch of Wisconsin shooters, thanks for making the trip, and one of them took some time to do some hunting before coming over to the shoot. Congratulations to Jerry Demulling for taking this very nice buck on opening day.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=JerryDemulling2.jpg" target="_blank"> JerryDemulling2.jpg </a>

14. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jimmy,

I just wanted to drop you a quick line to Thank You and your staff for a fantastic day of shooting and fun yesterday at the Minneapolis Gun Club. I’ve been going to your club on a regular basis for 2 years and I’ve never left disappointed. Maybe in my shooting, but not in how you operate your club or in the effort of your staff. Way to go Jim, as your entire operation is something to be admired by many!!!!

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, I see you had another "Bowen" day with your 39. Good thing you are lucky in the coin flip.

Nice buck Jerry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.