1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Gobble Gobble Gobble.....This Saturday, November 17th, the Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting their annual Thanksgiving Jackpot Trapshoot.

We will be giving out a turkey for the first 10 25 straights shot in either Singles or Handicap. One bird per shooter. IF we don't have 10 25's shot from 10 different shooters, the birds will be given out by drawing names.

This will be in addition of our daily Lewis Class cash payouts.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM sharp. The targets will be set so you can hit 'em.

Shoot early, shoot often. The weather looks outstanding....again.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Zard. Shoulda been around yesterday. Lotsa Perazzi guns trading hands. Some moaning and groaning, a lot of "how much for me", "needs to be shorter" "I could shoot this" kinda jabber... ya know? Good time was had by all. ice day to shoot too. Say hi to the Demullings for me... for all of us.

Jack

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Yes there will be food there. Probably the best gun club menu around. Everything is cooked to order.

And Zardoz, you keep bringing up the food you'll force me to post more pictures of the cook. :>)

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM under clear blue skies and light wind.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Is this a registered shoot? Will Mark Z be there? Big Dan? Who else will be there?

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hey Denny.

The Z man is up in Canada chasing deer so he won't be here. He doesn't shoot trap in the cold weather, 50 degrees, anyway.

Big Dan. I heard he's on his way to MO. to celebrate the Holidays. :>)

Hot Lips and Sweet Cheeks are in AZ., and they want to call their scores in.

Zardoz is threating to show up just to make sure the kitchen is properly staffed.

And that leaves just us poor working stiffs here trying to shoot good enough to put food on our tables. Some really nice turkeys....just for shooting a 25 straight.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

6. dward

dward Member

Wish I could make it, but I'm down in FL trying to put a dent in the local oyster supply.

But the way old Kecker has been shooting lately he sounds pretty tough to beat! But there is a vicious rumor going around that he's been shooting his caps from the top of the trap house??

Big (shooting raw oysters not clays) Dan

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

Yeah, Dan, he's waaaaay up front. With this new round of reductions given out by the ATA it put some really good shooters up close and personal with the targets. You watch. He won't pull a 50 straight off until the $100.00 bill is back on the table. Say's he's just struggling right now adapting to his new found "home".

Well, the sun is shinning, the birds are singing, the winds are light, but the turkeys ain't gobbling no more. Nope, they're on ice just waiting to grace someone's dining room table.

It was warmer here last Saturday than it was it Tuscon and today just might be the same. We'll take every day of this.

Shoot a 25 straight, bring home the bird. Its that easy.

Shooting starts at 10:00 SHARP.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

8. PLUS

PLUS Member

Dan, if oyster do what they're supposed to do, you probably NEED a bunch of them.

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Another beautiful day in November. 56 degrees with a brisk south wind to make the targets challenging. The 25's were slow to come in, lots of 24's, then Scott Steffen broke the ice and ran the Handicap targets. The day turned out to be the Glenn Linden Benefit Shoot, but, if you hit the targets and put a string of them together, it pays off. Nice shooting Glenn. High score of the day was a 48. There were 3 of them, but after the notorious coin flip, there were only 2 that counted. Nice shooting Dennis and Scott Steffen. I want to thank everyone who shot today, it turned out to be one of our biggest Jackpot Shoots. On behalf of the Minneapolis Gun Club, I would like to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving and if you're traveling, have a safe trip. Jimmy Bowen

1st Class
    Dennis Kecker 48.... Scott Steffen......48

2nd Class
    Glenn Linden 46... Scott Messenger.....46

3rd Class
    Leo Switala 45.... Glenn Linden........45

4th Class
    Bruce Lomker 44..... Pat Blake...........44

5th Class
    Glenn Linden 42.... Jim Walden..........42

6th Class
    Glenn Linden 41.... Steve Richards......41

7th Class
    Mark Cameron 39..... David Maples........39

Ties = Singles from the front, Singles from the back, then Handicap from the front.

25's winning turkeys. Scott Steffen, Dennis Kecker, Terry Peterson, Glenn Linden, Leo Switala, John Kelly and Bruce Lomker. Consolation winners. Scott Messenger, Steve Richards and Mark Cameron.

[​IMG]

10. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Damn. I didn't know there'd be Crown Royal. :(

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh yeah, after the shooting is done out comes the Crown, some pecan pie, ice cream, and thanks to Hot Lips, whipped cream.

We don't fool around at MGC. Nothing but the best.

Should of been there Denny. There was a slice of pie with your name on it.

Jimmy Bowen

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oops, Yup thats Bobby Munson Jr. behind Scott. He was up to his old tricks and I think he snuck that buzzard away from that great short yardage shooter Dennis Kecker.

Kitchen staff was all gone by the time the blue bag came out. Thats later in the day.

You shoulda been there Zared. Hot Lips called in their scores at 4:30 our time and was very disappointed that the Lewis Class had already been figured out.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

Jimmy Bowen

13. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Am I wrong or do Scott&Scott share something besides turkeys??? They look a bit too friendly in the picture. Lit, you be the judge, you're the one with experience with this kind of thing.

Oh, by the way, I have another 10 point white tail deer for my collection. Just like with Krieghoffs, you can't own too many.

14. dward

dward Member

You know..........that's a damn nice photo/shoot when you've got both the Minnesota State Singles and Handicap Champ (along with a whole bunch of other great shooters) hanging on to to your turkeys!!!!! Good shooting guys!!!!

PS - I hope they saved a few gizzards for the old Swede!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.