1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls.Gun Club Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot Nov 21st

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

We will be having our annual Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot Trapshoot this Saturday November 21 starting at 10:00 AM.

We'll be giving out some nice big birds for your family to enjoy for Thanksgiving.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=holiday-turkey--fd005255.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Shoot a 25 straight in either singles or handicap and you'll get the bird. IF all the birds aren't claimed by 25's we will give them out by random drawing.

Its supposed to be a nice sunny day on Saturday and the targets will look like pumpkins against the blue sky. Wait, that was last month. Aw, you get the idea.

C'mon out, bust some clays and enjoy the day.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Z will shoot 25 and proclaim it is one of the phesants he got in braska.But he will say it is one of the smallish ones.

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

OK, first of all, on Saturday, its supposed to be an outstanding day and the shooting conditions will be just right, so........we're going to throw in a bonus.

Enter the event at least 3 times and your name will be put in for a $100.00 bill!!! One name/one winner. Thanks to an anonymous donor for the hundred bucks.

Denny, the Zman was up in Saskatchewan the last I heard of his whereabouts. I don't know if he'll be present or not. I do know Hot Lips and Sweet Cheeks will be there.....shootin up a storm. You're on squad 3, post 3. Don't be late.

Zardoz, glad you like the hat. Yeah, we try and schedule these things when Tom is out of town.......gives everybody else a chance. He can turn the wick up when he has to.

See ya Saturday......bring lots of bullets.

Jimmy Bowen

4. ScottM

ScottM TS Member

What is the cost per round? I usually shoot at the Hudson Rod and Gun Club but I could travel a bit farther.
    I am also wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a stock fitter and an instructor who does well with new women shooters in the area? I gave my wife my Mossberg while she figures out if she wants to pursue this as a hobby and it fits her as poorly as it did me.
    Thanks,
    Scott Murphy

5. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Are we shooting with turkeys, or, are we shooting for turkeys? Inquiring minds want to know.

Scott Murphy, we, my husband and I shoot a lot of trap. If you are at Minneapolis on Saturday we would be glad to help you and your wife. We both help the new shooters at our club here at Osceola, WI. E-mail us at gfdemulling@centurytel.net

Jim, if we win a turkey, does it come all cooked up like it shows in the picture? We will try not to be too late. Jerry wants to sit outside for awhile that morning, in case a deer comes along and he has to shoot it in self defence. We need more empty shells, so we should be there.

6. JACK

Scott. I come from Prescott as does Pat Blake. And I'll bring along a cache of guns so tha twe can get your wife started right. Some P guns, soem K guns, perhaps a LaHootic oor two. Adn to answer your question about rounds, th ecost of a jackpot round (25 from 16 yards and 25 from 25 yards) is $18. MOst of that $8 goes into the lewis pot that pays out to about 8 shooters as a rule. I've been to Hudson and if you have question as to how to ge tto the club holler at me by phone or onthe puker and I will provide directions. You'll like the club.

Jack Swanson 715-262-8556

7. JACK

Only girls we have are "sweet cheeks" and "hot lips". That has been sufficient for quite some time.

8. ScottM

ScottM TS Member

Hey CE, Jack thanks for the replies. I will be there for sure with my old school Citori and hopefully I can get my wife to join me. She's self employed and mumbling about needing to work. I am a newbie to shotgunning and clay games so I pretty clueless about some of the terms like Lewis Pot or 'caps and some others that aren't coming to mind right now. I assume the pot is money for the best shooters. The farthest back I've gone so far in yardage is 20 and that was last Sunday as a goof. I only have about 30 rounds of trap under my belt so far and my best score has been a 22 a couple times. The new gun has made things much easier as it actually fits correctly. I am really liking shooting the little clay Frisbees though as evidenced by buying a shotgun with a barrel longer than 20 inches, no magazine and pretty wood. The vast majority of my shooting experience has been informal target shooting with rifles and pistols over the years and the very occasional foray into competition shooting like High Power or IDPA.
    Scott Murphy
    cell 612-205-1274

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Scott, everybody is welcome to come and shoot. If you or your wife need help getting your guns set up you've had offers from some very talented shooters. Cheryl Demulling has shot more 200 straights the last couple years than most of us have done in our shooting careers. She is good. Her husband...he's kinda good. He hits a few once in a while.

Don't worry about figuring out the lewis classes just yet. The top score is just that, and from there just about any score can fall into a winning score.

We offer our "guests" one of the finest shooting facilities in the upper Midwest, a very cordial atmosphere, "professional" trap help, great target presentation, and food.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=Clubhouse5.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I can't forget the food....some of the best gun club food found anywhere. We serve breakfast until 11:00......

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=Breakfast2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Then we serve jumbo burgers, fries, onion rings, fish sandwiches and chicken strips almost as long as your arm. :>)

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=MplsKitchen3.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

C'mon out and enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Jimmy Bowen

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

CE, to answer your question about the turkeys........yes.

Hopefully Jerry gets his deer early. With this June weather I have a feeling the 25's are going to be rolling in. We did add a couple buzzards to the pile though so there should be some left.

Oh, and I didn't forget about the pie either.....and the whipped cream.

See you Saturday.

Jimmy Bowen

11. JACK

Scott. 35E south to I35 south for about 3 miles to 185th street. Exit and go west about a mile+. Then left on Judicial about 2 milse to the club entrance on the right. As you enter the club house just a bit left and at the front windows is a long conference table with about 6 or 8 guys and gals sitting around. That is the trap table where the scheduling goes on. Bring you gun and case and shootin stuff into the clubhouse.

12. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Jim, the picture of the clubhouse and the flag....how much starch do you use when you launder the flag?

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Rick, you're right, we do starch the flag for picture purposes.

We have to............because there aren't any windy days at the Mpls. Gun Club.

Maybe some hot air........but no wind. Just sunshine and blue sky's.

Bring lots of suntan lotion.

See ya there.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Golani

Golani TS Member

"...because there aren't any windy days at the Mpls. Gun Club"???

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Yup, thats it........no wind......I vividly remember that day. In fact I even took a picture of it.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=nowind.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

So, there you have it. Great shooting conditions, huge garbage can lid targets, good food, and lots of turkeys!!! Two legged........and two legged. Some with feathers, some not.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Start time at 10:00 AM

Hope to see you there.

Jim W

16. ScottM

ScottM TS Member

I just wanted to say we had a good time today. Cheryl and Jerry gave my wife some pointers and she might be on the way to getting hooked. We both met friendly folk. I would like to note that someone loaded mini discs in the trap machine for the 25 yard line. They got a little bigger when I switched to the full choke barrel but not much.
    Very nice club guys.

Scott Murphy

17. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Where was The Lit? I was there and shot a fifty straight and tied old "Sweet Cheeks". You would think the "Mouth From The South" would show up once in a while.

Oh well, at least my Thanksgiving turkey is going to be free.

It was a great turnout. Targets were great, food was better, and the extra pumpkin pie wasn't bad either.

18. Ithaca$$$Grade

Scott, is was nice to meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Keep taking pointers from Cheryl and Jerry and you'll be on the right track.

The turnout was great today and the weather was exceptional....and the scores showed it.

1st Class Jerry Demulling 50......Mark Zauhar 50

The 49's didn't fall into class!!!

2nd Class Jerry Demulling 48......Jimmy Bowen 48

3rd Class Dale Otis 47.......Mike Herold 47

4th Class Bob Smith 46......Scott Steffen 46

5th Class Brian Anderson 45......Jeff Hoppes 45

6th Class Mark Hintz 43.....Scott Steffen 43

7th Class Dean Rutten 41......Jim Walden 41

Ties= Handicap from the back then 16's from the back.

Turkey Winners....John Bacon.....Scott Messenger....Dale Otis.....Steve Richards....Jeff Hoppes.....Jerry Demulling.....Mark Hintz.....Dennis Kecker....Jimmy Bowen.....Curt Peterson......Tim Karls.....Mark Zauhar

And the Winner of the Random Drawing for the $100.00 bill.........Scott Messenger!!!!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=messinger.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thanks to everyone who shot....Thanks to the anonymous donor for the $100.00 bill.....Thanks to Lakeville Rainbow Foods for the great deal on the Jennie-O Turkeys....Thanks to Cheryl Demulling for the Cherry Desert.

Hope to see you next week.

Jimmy Bowen

19. JACK

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/palletjack_2006/9479-Carlton.flv">

20. SCOTT MESSENGER

SCOTT MESSENGER TS Member

Hey, you have to admit, that is a very "cute" picture of me. I want you to know that I got up at 5:30 AM just so I could get to Minneapolis on time for shooting. Evidently cameras don't lie. The weather was great and the wind was O.K. but still a little nippy at times. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the people at Minneapolis Gun Club. Good targets, good food, and good friends. Congratulations to Mark Zauhar and Gerry Demulling for their 50 straights. I played with my new Infinity and broke 49 and won a beautiful "at-a-boy". I'm still looking for someone to give the turkey to that will cook it and then invite me to help eat it. I look forward to their next shoot and hope the dreaded "s" word is not covering the ground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

612-205-1274