1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club St. Patrick's Day Jackpot Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Well kiss my blarney stone it's St Patrick's Day and we're celebrating and giving away free food!!

Thats right, c'mon out this Saturday, March 17th, hit a green target and you'll get one of our famous MGC burgers. Its that easy.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=Greentargets002.jpg" target="_blank"> Greentargets002.jpg </a>

It's supposed to be 80 degrees, sunny and light winds.

Now, you don't have to be like Mark & Denny and dress for the occasion but you're welcome to if you feel like it. Hopefully those winds stay light.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=Kilt.jpg" target="_blank"> Kilt.jpg </a>

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy Jimmy, I told you I took that picture of Denny and one of his buddies just before they left to go sheep hunting, at least that's what they called it. And no, I don't know if they had anything on under those skirts.

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

"Kiss my blarneystone"?? Thanks, but I'll pass on that. Surprised you only have one.

RR

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hitapair, I ain't touching that comment.

Tomorrow is the green target day. Supposed to be mid 70's.....in mid March!!! It doesn't get any better than that.

Bob, bring all those old pharts with you, there will be bunches of those green targets flying.

Mark, is that a campsite from Iowa....or Missory??? Dang, Denny hasn't changed a bit.

Shootin starts at 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy "BlarneySTONES" Bowen

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Enjoy the great weather guys. It will be almost as warm there as it will be here in Tampa. Shoot good and eat those burgers.

6. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Despite Mark's untruths, _I_took that photo as those guys were coming out of Mark's motorhome at the Iowa shoot.

They were red-faced and giggling, but they were sure walking kinda careful and spraddle-legged.

7. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Jimmy,

I'm not going to be able to make it today as I have to work overtime this week due to you coming up here last weekend and taking all the money by shooting that 50x50!! Thanks my friend!!!

Have a great shoot Jim and see ya soon!

Jeff

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I'm stuck in town working too. Hope you guys are having fun and breaking them all!

John Houle

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bob Wilts had the lone 49 for the 1st class winner. Golani had the long run in singles from the front and took runner-up 1st class. The rest of winners to be determined. Golani? Charlie Leavitt.

Our 8000 SF club was wall to wall all day. jackpots, High Schools shooters, Skeeters, Walk ins, NRA coach certification class.

Tomorrwo is a big day for the SC crowd.Prob 40+ jackpot shooters. 10:30

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Ok, where are the scores? Did Jimmy Bowen prevail?

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Aw, Jimmy Bowen wasn't even there. Had to work today. But, there was a great turnout, good scores and lots of burgers given out.

1st Class Bob "BT 99's Forever" Wiltse 49...Charlie "I'mmm Back" Leavitt 48

2nd Class Troy "Smooth" Smith 46....John "Shakin" Bacon 46

3rd Class Bob "2's a Charm" Wiltse 44....Bob "3Peat" Wiltse 44

4th Class Charlie "Warmin Up" Leavitt 41....Pat "Wisconi" Blake 41

Ties = Singles from the front.

A unbelievable March Jackpot. Tickling 80 degrees with a south wind. O'l Bob Wiltse borrows a gun while his is getting the Magic Touch put to it and proceeds to not only get top score but take 3 of the lewis classes. Nice shooting Bob! And then O'l Charlie Leavitt puts his ski poles away and pulls out his smoke pole and blasts off a 48! Great shooting Charlie.

4 weeks left to qualify for the $1000.00 added money for the Final Jackpot April 21st and the Jackpot Championship prizes to be given away. Here is a sample of some of them.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=JackpotChampionshipTrophys2012002.jpg" target="_blank"> JackpotChampionshipTrophys2012002.jpg </a>

Thanks to everyone who shot today. Hope to see you next Saturday.

Jimmy Bowen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.