1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls. Gun Club Shooter Appreciation Lunch 12/18

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

This Saturday, December 18th, we will be holding our weekly, when we don't get 20" of snow, Jackpot Trapshoot. And, in the spirit of this wonderful CHRISTMAS Season, we will be offering a free, hot, bone-in ham lunch!!

If its too cold for you to shoot c'mon out anyway and have lunch with us. The Christmas tree and decorations are up and the fireplace will be on.

Start time for the Jackpot is 10:00 AM and will run until 4:00 PM. Also, now is when the $100.00 prize is awarded for a 50 straight....no more shells....$100.00 cash. Ties divide.

It looks to be a sunny day.....with no snow.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, free ham lunch, possible $100 prize, oversize targets, hot coffee, great fellowship, dancing girls, mink lined toilet seats, climate (by mother nature) controlled shooting pads, I mean, what don't you have??? Can I come too????

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh Yeah..... Everybody is welcome!!!!!

We'll have lunch done right around noon.

Zardoz, I heard the other day Tom S doesn't even own a snowblower. I know he can't wait to get the heck out of here. Don't blame him, this is brutal. Some light snow falling now but then it will clear up and be sunny. Tom will probably show up in shorts on Saturday. Its that denial thing.

Bring the wife out, she can shop for you in the Pro Shop while you're out shooting and enjoy a nice lunch.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Geez Ith... I am way too wussy to brave the line. Fingers be damned, we need some heated fields. Dont' laugh, Obama can opt for "hope and change" so can I. So lets play make a deal. I'll bring out the new shootin iron and you get in contact with a good release trigger shooter and we'll have some surro-gatin-shootin goin on. Sky Buster comes to mind as a tough guy that can give me a true assessment.

Ok, I try for lunch anyway. I gotta pick up a round card for Christmas and other stuff. I figure to have the round card burned up by tax day.

See ya.

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jack, they revised the forecast just for you......it's gonna be 17 degrees!!!! But thats outside.....inside it will be toasty warm, I'll save you a place right by the fireplace so you can be comfortable while you enjoy your lunch. We're importing some Wisconsin cheese for the ham sandwiches. Mmmmmmm

Shootin starts at 10:00.....lunch around noon.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, the last item you need to have a great event is to get the Lit to show. I know he has developed an awfully big head, can't shoot worth a damn, and has a roving eye, but he has that special something that will attract "flocks" of bodies.

So Jimmy, is the mouth from the south planning to show????

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Oh no Zardo, I'm up here in God's country. I plan to be at the club tomorrow in spite of the weather and Jimmy's presense. I'll be there when Jimmy brings out his trusty Beretta combo and breaks another 38 or 39. I wonder how bad the Bowens are in the cold temps if they can't outdo a blazing 39!!

I plan to also report on the possible arrival of the "mouth from the south", our famous Lit. Will he arrive? If he arrives will his "friends" come in a stock truck, or will they be herded by the Lit? I, of course, will also report on your Arizona boy, Tommy Sletta. Will he shoot or just sit and try to look important? He's looked a bit lost in this balmy weather. He keeps waiting for a sand storm I think. I'll also watch "Mr. Warmth", Bobby Munson Jr. I'll try to photograph him if he smiles. And then there's Sandbagger Lenny. This is the guy that can't shoot a good score all summer and then breaks fifty's in the cold of winter when the money is on the table.

I will let you know Zardo how this all plays out. Oh, I might try out the mink covered toilet seats too.

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha, I sure wish you were a little closer to the Club, with all that hot air you could melt all the snow thats there!!!!

I can remember when we were up at Del Tone shooting Jackpot a few weeks ago that when you FINALLY did break into the 40's you wet yourself. Hell, that you even got into the 40's shocked you!!

Here's what I'll do. I'll bring both Bowen's and you bring your 6 or 8 Krieghoff's, what ever you feel you need for spare parts, and we'll see whats what on Saturday. I've got a feeling you're going to be full of excuses about why you're not going to shoot.

As far as the Lit goes, I've been after him for a long time to come up here and shoot. He's been making a lot of noise about shooting Jackpot's in the great state of Iowa but the SW Iowa Clown's haven't seen him either. He's like a weed in the wind and it would take a lot of will power on his part to drive by all those pastures and all those big brown eyes staring at him. You know him as well as I do, when he senses that some warm body is mesmerized by his presence that he loses his train of thought. More like total derailment.

The sidewalks are shoveled, the ham looks delicious, the mink covers are in place and the fireplace is roaring.

Start time is 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Zardoz, it would be nice if he did show up but regardless, it is gonna be a great time!! Wish YOU could be here and enjoy the festivities. Its really pretty out with all the snow. :>)

Shootin time in 48 minutes.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy Jimmy, you seem to forget what happened the last shoot we were at. It was at your home turf, on your favorite fields, and you got waxed by one of my Krieghoffs. Not just beat, but waxed. Of course, you will say you were only shooting your Beretta club. Which, of course, is only because you can't shoot the Bowens in cold weather, or in wet weather, or in windy weather, or in hot weather, or actually, anytime at all. Remember Jimmy boy, this summer, over a three month period, one of those precision built Krieghoff's set the Minneapolis Gun Club Trap League record for average. What did Jimmy Bowen do????

Ok, I'll be there. We'll see if the Bowen boys actually show up.

As for the Lit, I don't hold much hope for the old windbag either. However, convince his favorite boyfriend, Big Dan to show, and the Lit just might appear in his "Father Lit" robes for some "train the alter boy" sessions.

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

What????? You WAXED me??? Oh yeah, that one (1) target at the last jackpot was really a waxing.

Yes, you did good during the summer league, but shooting a "precision built" Kreigoff? Ah, can you say "cookie cutter" Krieghoff??? Hand fitted parts? NO! Custom fitted stock from the factory? NO! Titanium coated parts for longevity? NO! Both pull and release trigger parts included? NO! Custom choke regulated barrel? NO! But, I will say your's did come with an extra O/U barrel with it.....so you can shoot skeet with it.

C'mon now man up and tell the folks how it went today. I'll wait for that and post the scores later. I'll be nice and not post the picture of the score sheet for that 1 round.

Jimmy Bowen

12. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I must say Jimmy waxed my ass today. No doubt about it. I don't remmeber the scores but I shot terrible.

Now you might say maybe the Bowen finally won a bout with Mark's Krieghoff but to this I say it's ok, I'll take my Krieghoff Sporting gun, the one I bought 15 years ago, the one with the non-hand fit parts, and I'll trade for any one of the half dozen Bowens new and used on this site and at shoots even up. Then I too can have such a fine weapon to shoot two thirds of the ATA events with.

Just kidding about the trade, I'll stick with the fine German craftsmanship.

Now as to the shoot report I promised, the ham was great, I shot like crap. The weather was only a bit nippy, I shot like crap. The dancing girls didn't show but Jimmy was dressed in a pink thong, I shot like crap. The Lit did not show but Big Dan didn't either, maybe they met off site, I shot like crap. The mink toilet seats were nice and warm and I shot like crap. Tom Sletta was there, he didn't shoot but he did not look to important either, I shot like crap. Lucky Lenny managed to make even me look good on one round, and yes, I shot like crap. But you know, shooting like crap isn't all bad. I better get used to it if I decide to make that gun trade after all.

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Very eloquent Mark. It would have been nice if you would have said,"Jimmy and his wonderful, outstanding, beautiful, precision made Bowen #1A waxed my ass today" as many time as you said,"I shot like crap". But again, very well stated. And, what the heck, even with those crappy scores you managed to win money!!! You can thank me for the coin flip over the prime rib dinner.

Now, to the scores;

1st Class Scott Steffen 48.....Curt Peterson 47

2nd Class Mark Zauhar 43......Scott Steffen 43

3rd Class Mr. Bowen to Mark Z 40.......Gerald Mollenhauer 40

Ties= 16's from the front.

Scott "Iron Man" Steffen shot all day in the cold temperatures without a hat while the rest of us were bundled up with all kinds of clothing. Even a thong. And so what if it was pink. On another thread pink shells are very popular. I'm just showing my support for a very worthy cause. Nice shooting Scott. I think so far this season he's taken the most money home.

Thank you to everyone who shot today and especially those who brought cookies, deserts and snacks. That topped off the ham sandwich lunch very nicely.

We'll be closed next Saturday but will be geared up to go on New Years Day. Hope to see you there.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone and their family's from the Minneapolis Gun Club.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Jimmy, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun yesterday which is usually what takes place at the Minneapolis Gun Club. It killed me not being able to make it, but I spent the entire week in NE, so I had to work at the club to get caught up on things.

I'll see you guys on the 1st and probably donate some of my hard earned green-backs to Mr. Steffen since he seems to win every week!!!! Great shooting Scott!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Jeff Hoppes

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hey Jeff, yeah is was a good time. A little chilly but do-able. It sure didn't seem to bother Scott though. He's shooting really good this winter.

Hope to see you on the 1st....Have a Merry Christmas.

Jimmy Bowen

16. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Did I see that the Gay Pride Engineer broke a 40 and a 43???

A forty????

And he says I'm a bad shot? Heck, _I_ could even hit 40. With a .410. Left-handed. In a blizzard. From the 27. From the hip.

Forty??

Forty???

17. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Lit, anyone can shoot a forty from the warmth of the living room. Wish you would have been there, we could have used some hot air.

18. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Mark,

sending you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.