1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Shoot Date Change NTD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Due to the weather forecast for this Saturday, September 22nd, the Minneapolis Gun Club is changing the day we are hosting National Trapshooting Day to Sunday, September 23rd.

We will be throwing 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and 50 pair Doubles. We will have a field/fields set up so you will be able to shoot your Doubles anytime.

Start time is 10:00 AM sharp.

C'mon out and enjoy a fall day at MGC.

Hope to see you there. SUNDAY.

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A little wind, a little rain, a little chill... Come-on... Trapshooters are not wusses! We're tough, as evidenced by the tough-guy posts on this-a-here Trapshooters.com. The rule for trapshooters that post on TS.com is "Come on out and bust some balls".

Thanks James. Smart move. See you Sunday.

3. JACK

Jeff. Taht has to equate to about 20 degrees in wind chill. I do not speak for management, but I was likely going to pass on Saturday. I'd bet alot of shooters would have passed on Saturday. Now, will they come Sunday? No way to tell.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I'll be in the duck blind both Saturday and Sunday. Have it on Monday and I'll drive in for it!

5. JACK

Hitapair. Need a caller? I'm avail

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

That is too bad Jim. We changed plans a few weeks ago so that we could be there Saturday. We moved our other event to Sunday. Too late to change it back now. Maybe next year. The way I'm shooting, this might be a good thing.

Just moving this to the top so the word gets out.

Bob and Mary

7. JACK

anyone ever hear of a popular sports team in Minneapolis named the "Vikings"?

I am not judging the date change, but suffice to say that the 2nd and 3rd week of September always produces some very crappy days. In other words it is a crapshoot and destined to cause problems no matter how you choose.

8. JACK

It may be that Jeff would prefer you stayed away just as he must since we have changed his plans.

For those that have not been to the MPLSGC of late, an upgrade and transformation is in the process. We may not have the room to be the biggest, but strides have been made to be the best in state.

9. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

HEEEEEEEEEEEEY Jimmy,

Not sure what it's doing down south, but it's pretty darn cold and windy up here in St. Cloud. Would have been a very uncomfortable day to shoot, so it looks like you made the right call!!!!

Here's hoping you guys, and ladies, have a lot of sunshine and no wind for your shoot tomorrow!!!!!!

Jeff

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

Same down here Jeff. It was not a nice day. Cloudy, windy & cold. Where the heck did summer go?

Jimmy Bowen

11. coyote4

coyote4 TS Member

How many people showed up to shoot on Saturday?

12. Golani

Golani TS Member

Jim,

Thank you for another wonderful shoot at the Minneapolis Gun Club. You definitely made the right choice of days! It was a nice turnout and the targets were well set. A good warm up for the real shooting season: JACKPOT!

Charlie

13. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I was there today and I believe Jimmy Bowen said there were a few, less then five or six, that showed on Saturday. The club actually called the MTA secretary and set up a shoot for the day and those that wanted to, shot registered targets on Saturday.

Today, there were about fifty that did show for the amended day. The weather was much better and the people I spoke with thought the switch was a good idea.

Unfortuantely though, I believe only one junior was there to compete for the ATA life membership.

Mark Zauhar

14. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Jim, who was the Jr. Winner and what was there score?

Mark

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Mark, it was Matt Clark with a score of 92. He is the young man who was the driving force to get the Farmington High School involved with the Clay Target League. He approached the school board and was active in rounding up coaches so they could participate.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCNationalTrapshootingDay2012001_zps576c588b.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCNationalTrapshootingDay2012001_zps576c588b.jpg </a>

It couldn't have gone to a nicer kid.

Jim W

16. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

The decision to change dates proved out to be a good one. The numbers reflect the general acceptance ATA shooters had of the switch. Five or less people did not get the word and showed on Saturday. The club went out of their way to get approval to shoot marathon targets that day if the shooters wished to do so. About fifty showed on Sunday and shot the program. Before we bad mouth the club and it's members, I think we need to consider the fact that fifty shooters appreciated the switch and showed for what turned out to be a great shoot. Any time a club makes a decision regarding a shoot, some will agree and some won't. All club management can do is try to maximize the number of satisfied people. It's to bad that at least one shooter felt wronged, but that's the price of doing business. You can never, ever, make everyone happy all of the time. I'm sure the club regrets any inconvienience the switch may have caused anyone, but the decision was widely accepted by the shooters who attended.

Mark Zauhar

17. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Jim, I do not know Matt, but looks like a great kid and now a life member! Doesn't get much better. Thanks for the information.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.