1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club NTD Sat Sept 24. RESULTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

This Saturday, September 24th, Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting National Trapshooting Day.

Thanks to a generous donor, we will be giving the Jr./ Sub. Jr. who has the hight score in event 1, Singles, an ATA Life Membership.

See the above website for program details.

Start time will be 10:00 AM. We will be shooting 100 Singles, 100 Handicap, and will have a field open so you can shoot your doubles anytime.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Hey Jimmy,

Will the kitchen be open? Bringing down some guys, so I want to make sure they'll have some food to eat.

See ya Saturday!!!

Jeff

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

You bet Jeff, the kitchen will be open. We'll have those famous gun club burgers along with fixin's.

It looks like we're gonna have a "Del Tone" weather day. 70 degrees and light winds. Couldn't be better.

Start time 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hey Zardoz, you shoulda been here last weekend. We gave away $400.00 in the handicap event. It was easy pickins.....Tom S didn't shoot, something about 20mph winds....and I didn't shoot, something about me winning my own shoots lately....:>)..:>)

So, if you show up Saturday, I'll buy you lunch.

The weather forecast is great....plenty of sunshine and light winds. Targets will be set so you can hit 'em. Easy pickins.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ithaca is one of the "big dogs". they only shoot big shoots cause they want to be fair to the rest of us. A few State shoots, the Zones, and Sparta. Shootin pays, don't-cha-know.

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha Jack. Little fish in a big pond.

I'll be a shootin tomorrow. Last registered targets for the year. Then on to the serious stuff......Jackpots.

Sub Jr./Jr. shooter with the high score in Singles wins a Life ATA membership.

Start time 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I can't wait to get down there and shoot. Been too long.

John Houle, Jr.

8. mlcameron

mlcameron Member

The weather looks great! Should be a great turn out. I hope to see many familure faces, and have some fun.
    Mark

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

We had a great day for shooting today for National Trapshooting Day 2011. Lots of shooters, some that traveled long distances, light winds and plenty of sunshine. Thanks to everyone who shot today and congratulations to Colton Langer for winning the ATA Life Membership.

Singles

AA......Scott Steffen 98

A.......Denny Steinhaus 100

B.......Jay Neitzell 96

C.......David Maples 92

D.......Kevin Rosenau 94

Handicap

25-27 Yds......Curt Peterson 95

22-24 Yds......Pat Blake 91

18-21 Yds......Leo Switala 98

Doubles

AA......Scott Steffen 91

A.......Kyndra Schroer 92

B.......Mike Wenner 92

C.......John Houle Jr. 86

D.......Don Lowden 70

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=NationaTrapshootingDay2011001.jpg" target="_blank"> NationaTrapshootingDay2011001.jpg </a>

Colton Langer, winner of the ATA Life Membership with a 98 in Singles

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=NationaTrapshootingDay2011004.jpg" target="_blank"> NationaTrapshootingDay2011004.jpg </a>

Leo Switala, 98 in Handicap from the 20 yard line. Great shooting Leo.

Kevin Rosenau, D Class singles winner with a 94.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=NationaTrapshootingDay2011007.jpg" target="_blank"> NationaTrapshootingDay2011007.jpg </a>

Scott Steffen, on the left, AA Singles winner with a 98 and Scott Messenger, on the right, AA Doubles winner with a 91.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=NationaTrapshootingDay2011011.jpg" target="_blank"> NationaTrapshootingDay2011011.jpg </a>

Thanks again to everyone who shot. Our Jackpot season starts next Saturday, October 1st.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo Switala yesterday with his trusty 3200. I watched him tire some during the last trap. He rocked his back from side to side several times, Took a big breath, and missed his 86th target. That brought him back to reality and on the last station he forgot all the pressure and broke the target with reckless abandon. His energy was back and his mind clear. And crushed the last 5.

11. Golani

Golani TS Member

Leo is an ace at trap, skeet and sporting clays. Great to see one of the nicest guys around win a well attended shoot. Leo made it look easy. It was fun to watch.
    Charlie Leavitt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.