1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls. Gun Club National Trapshooting Day Sept.19

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

[​IMG]

Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting National Trapshooting Day this Saturday, September 19th.

We will be starting at 10:00 AM sharp and will be offering 100 Singles, 100 Handicap and 100 Shoot your doubles anytime. We will have one or two fields set up so you won't have to wait until the end of the day for doubles.

We have some very nice trophy's, compliments of Jack Swanson, to shoot for.

The weather forecast right now looks perfect. Mid 70's and light winds.

C'mon out and enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You can put my name on one of those right now.

BTW... Are you seriving food? I'm kind of in a big ol cheeseburger mood... Maybe California burger.

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

[​IMG]

You bet we'll have some great food. We'll be offering a "Shooter Special", burger with fixin's, potato salad, chips & soft drink.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Is this a SKEET CLUB?

5. JACK

Yah-ah. And a goot vun at dat. All the trap fielsd are centered in a skeet field. So the loudmouths won't set off your mic.

[​IMG]

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Will there be a Bowen Gun there for all to see? I hear they have become antiques. Condemed to hang on walls.

7. Golani

Golani TS Member

All of you fellows will be in my prayers.

Charlie

8. JACK

Golani. since you will not be there we will at least have a chance. NTD comes but once a year Gols... What could possibly be more important? Slip him a fifty and get the day off. Or have him call me. I'll 'splain it in english.

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha!!! The Bowen's don't spend all their time inside. I do take 'em out and use them. It's supposed to be so nice out on Saturday that Bowen #2 just might make its debut on registered targets.

EB, yeah we throw some skeet targets, some 5 stand targets and lots of trap targets. Background is like Elysburg. Well, maybe not. We don't have those mountains all around us to create those swirling winds. It can be challenging at times though.

Jack, Golani isn't afraid of the higher power, he's on good terms with him. Like the rest of us, its the woman in our lives we have to answer to. You know what I mean. :>)

Great weather, great targets, great food....c'mon out and bust some clays.

Jimmy Bowen

[​IMG]

10. JACK

Denny made the moose rack, right?

My jackie Bowen

[​IMG]

Can't afford real Bowens, or Prevosts so this old mid 80s "Bowen" will have to do. Has new Briley thinwalls. Cna even shoot Top Guns thru it.

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Here's a picture of the beautiful clock trophy's were giving away Saturday. They're sitting on one of the 25 yd marker pads that came from the Vandalia home grounds. One clock for each class, high score in Singles & Doubles and one for each yardage group. Thanks Jack.

[​IMG]

Summertime weather in the middle of September....it don't get any better than that.

Grab your gun and lots of shells and have a blast.....NTD at the Minneapolis Gun Club.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

12. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Are you saying that one of the 25 yd markers that came from Vandalia goes to each class high score in Singles & Doubles and one for each yardage group?
    Cool....

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hot Lips, you're going to get me in trouble! The way you've been shooting you'd have to go out and buy a bigger truck than you have to haul all that concrete home. Clock's......the trophy's are clocks. :>)

Coffee will be on and there will be rolls & donuts.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM SHARP.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Golani

Golani TS Member

So, what happened? I sure missed being there.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.