1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Jackpot Warm-up Sept 1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

With all the registered "practice" just about over, its time to start having fun and shooting some Jackpot Trap.

The Minneapolis Gun Club will hold a Jackpot Warm-up on Saturday September 1st starting at 10:00 AM.

Rules will be similar to the last bunch of years, 25 16's and 25 Handicap. Lewis class payouts and loads of fun.

Again this season, enter the event 20 times or more by the end of the season in April and you'll be qualified for the $1000.00 added money. Thats right, we're going to have the $1000.00 added money again.

Also, enter the event 20 times or more and you'll be qualified to have a chance to win a great Barto knife and stand trophy.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCJackpotTrophys2013002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

These will be won by the first class winners in the 6 Lewis classes at the end of the season Jackpot. They are highly detailed and functional. They come with a custom sheath if you want to use them. Courtesy of Bob Wiltse and the Minneapolis Gun Club.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCJackpotTrophys2013001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Mark your calendars.....Saturday September 1st.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

James. Does that mean that a knife will be given to each of the 6 lewis classes?

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Thats right Jack. I'll let Bob chime in and describe the trophy's. He sourced them and got them here.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCJackpotTrophys2013006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Here is 5 of them. The 6th one is just as good. If you notice the 1st place knife, there is a elk within the handle. Special stuff for sure.

And, the warm-up Jackpot will count toward the 20 needed entry's to qualify. Might as well shoot while its warm out. Some of the snow birds can even get qualified before they desert us Eskimos.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Jimmy Bowen

4. JACK

Wow! what a deal. Saw these today... Wonderful items.Thanks Bob

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

This Saturday, September 1st, for the Jackpot warm-up, we're going to use Rule 13, my favorite, and offer $100.00 for a 50 straight. Hit all 25 singles and all 25 Handicap in one event, and the $$$ is yours. Ties divide.

With 80 degree weather this should be easy pickins. Enter as many times as you wish and have as much fun as you can on a warm, hazy, lazy summer day.

Oh yeah, rule 13 again. Failure to fire rule is out the window. Just make sure they're not all on the rights & lefts. :>)

Shootin starts at 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

6. JACK

Wait now... You mean I can pass on hard rights and lefts if I call FTF? Really?

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

HA! I'm sure the other squad members will be watching for anything "unusual".

Jack, I know you wouldn't do that.

C'mon out, have some fun, go home with cash. The MGC way.

Jimmy Bowen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.