1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Jackpot Trapshoot Saturday Sept 4th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

The Minneapolis Gun Club will be holding a Jackpot Trapshoot Saturday September 4th.

We will start at 10:00 AM and shoot until 4:00 PM. The usual Jackpot rules will be in place, check the above website, and for this one we will be offering a random drawing for a crisp $100.00 bill to all that enter at least 3 times.

So, grab your gun, c'mon out and enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Can we come out this Saturday and bank our scores and get in on the $100 drawing? Please, Please, Please!

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ah Cheryl, we've gone through this many times........NO!! :>) Myself, I'd gladly let you do it, but everybody up here was watching the scores you and Jerry were posting at the Grand and that kinda shut the door on that. Nice shooting you two. There will be enough other Jackpots you'll be able to make, to practice up for the registered shoots next year, and I'll make sure another $100.00 will be available when you're here. Shoot good at the Heartland.

Sally, goose hunting?? when it will probably be 75 degrees? I used to do that but then I realized that I can shoot targets without chasing mosquito's, win money, and stop at Von Hanson's and by steaks!!! Mmmm....red meat, beats liver with wings any day. You guys enjoy the hunt.

We're hoping for a gorgeous day, the targets will be set so you can hit them, and you could very possibly go home with a crisp $100.00 bill in your pocket.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Bowen man, a little bird told me that some Krieghoff shooter set a record for birds broke in the Mpls Gun Club trap league this summer. If this is true, how do you explain that when you shoot in that same league and shoot one of your two Bowen guns? I thought you said shooting a Bowen was just like cheating!!! What's a matter with you Bowen man? You not good enough to beat a Krieghoff????

5. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

No, No Jim....we don't practice up at your jackpot shooot for registered shoots. We shoot registered shoots to practice up for your jackpot shoots!

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

So, CED. Where pray-tell is there a registered shoot that weekend? Waseca?

7. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Sorry Jack, you must have not gotten the memo. There is a little shoot in Iowa that weekend, Sept 4th, called the Heartland Grand. That is where we will be, practicing for the October Minneapolis jackpot shoots:)

8. JACK

Thanks C. I'll see what I can work out for T-F.

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh boy, Krieghoff vs Bowen.....this is going to be a long year. Congratulations to Mark Z for scoring 897 X 900 in the Minneapolis Gun Club Summer leagues this year. Thats outstanding shooting and for sure a club record that will stand for many years. Maybe forever. Nice shooting Mark.

C E, I knew it was something like that!!! Maybe one of these days/years we'll be able to offer AA points for the Jackpot shoots. Then you won't have to drive by. :>) This one is just a warm up for the season.

A week to go........bring buckets of bullets.

Jimmy Bowen

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh boy, Krieghoff vs Bowen.....this is going to be a long year. Congratulations to Mark Z for scoring 897 X 900 in the Minneapolis Gun Club Summer leagues this year. Thats outstanding shooting and for sure a club record that will stand for many years. Maybe forever. Nice shooting Mark.

C E, I knew it was something like that!!! Maybe one of these days/years we'll be able to offer AA points for the Jackpot shoots. Then you won't have to drive by. :>) This one is just a warm up for the season.

A week to go........bring buckets of bullets.

Jimmy Bowen

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Yup, all singles Zardoz. At this point I have to walk right by the League High Gun plaque and plunk a chair down in front of the Minneapolis Gun Club Handicap Championship perpetual plaque and check the names on it. Don't see Marks name......but there is some Pollack on there. :>)

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCChampionshipPlaque002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

September 4th.........Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

12. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I've never even shot in this handicap shoot. Jimmy schedules it for the day I am out of town. Now Bowen man did win one. I heard though from a close personal friend and someone in Jimmy's inner circle, that the day Jimmy won, he tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. Now I also heard the test was thrown out because apparently Jimmy had trouble hitting the test bottle and thus the contents were deemed from a questionable source. Yes, it's true. Now, here we have an individual claiming to shoot his 12 ga gun and winning from the 27 yard line, but was unable to hit the opening of the bottle from 6 inches. Maybe the "grip" surface on the bottle shooter was inadequate.

At any rate, I believe the "win" was acomplished with the Bowen (aims like Bill Clinton) man's trusty Beretta!!!!

So now you have the rest of the story.

13. JACK

Ah... None of that is true Pride-Man. In fact the undaunted 5 made it to Metro And I hear they all won the calcutta. Adn as you know there is a "Until Death do us part" signed in blood amongst that squad. One dies and they all retire to what would have been had they bought a K gun.

14. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Zardo, so far my sources are not yet confirmed as to the likely Jimmy "HGH Injector". The early "buzz" though is pointing to a former winner of a special Mpls Gun Club trophy. Sources, not yet confirmed, and you know I report nothing unless it's factual, although this likely is, maybe, also say this suspected injector may be female. Now the fact that a female was involved with the Bowen Man, suggests that Jimmy may be outgrowing his past preferences.

Now as to the MIA ramblings above, I can only suggest that poor MIA must be suffering from inhalation of saw dust from pallet factories. Yes, his reporting of some kind of victory for the undaunted five has to be incorrect. These boys could not win the Mpls Gun Club championship until the Krieghoff man came to their rescue three years ago. Although it might be possible they were victorious if the Whitebear Lake third grade trap team, practicing for the 2018 Minnesota State HS Championships, was their competition.

Mark Zauhar, Dog Squad Scribe, covering the subject of his latest book, "How The Bowen Man Turns"

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Anyway..............

The weather is supposed to be fantastic, mid 70's and plenty of sunshine. A chance to win money and some more money. Random drawing for the $100.00 bill.

I'm almost afraid to ask, what is a "HGH injector"???

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

16. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

The man does not know what HGH is? Well, what can we expect, he's Polish is he not? Now we can all see what we are dealing with here. I guess this explains why he owns two Bowens!!! I bet he really thought he could shoot doubles with them.

The sad thing is his vote counts the same as ours. Oh, now I suppose I'll have to explain that to him.

I think more then ever shooters need to get to the club this weekend. If not to shoot, just to humor Jimmy. At least while he still does not have to wear diapers anyway.

17. Ithaca$$$Grade

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=messinger.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This is what you could look like on Saturday!!!! Well, maybe that isn't the right way to say it. You could be this happy on Saturday......after winning the $100.00 bill in the random drawing.

Enter the event 3 times and your name goes in the bucket for the drawing.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

18. JACK

Always wondered why a guy would buy a second gun that duplicates his other safe queen. To validate his initial purchase? Think?

Actually, Jimmy cracked a 93 in the Metro Fall-back Hcp shoot Sunday. Nice shooting James. (Using his Bowen)

19. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

What, Zardo, you don't like a picture of Buddy Hacket on steroids??? Or maybe it is HGH. Oh darn, I should not have said that. Will somebody explain HGH to Jimmy for me?

MIA, did Jimmy show you the high tech barrel weight I had made for him so he could shoot the Bowen? I'm sure he probably picked up 5-10 targets just from this new weight. Nothing else could explain a 93 from the Bowen hull maker.

20. JACK

You gave him that bbl bauble to make me laugh... right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.