1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Jackpot Trap Warm-up Sat Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

The "registered practice" is winding down so we're going to have some fun. The Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting Jackpot Trap this Saturday August 31st AND Sunday September 1st.

The rules and pricing will remain the same as last year. 25 16 yd targets and 25 handicap targets, 25 yd minimum. You can enter the event as many times as you would like and yes, these entries will count toward the 20 entries needed to be included in the $1000.00 added money on the last day of Jackpot.

Shooting will began at 10:00 AM and will go until 4:00 PM each day.

C'mon out, take advantage of the "warm" weather and get some rounds in.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Some warm up for the cold shooting season.

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Rumors are flying about this early jackpot shoot and the possibility of a new rule that says any contestant shooting a Bowen shotgun will be granted a five target handicap. Is this true Jimmy?? I would not be concerned of course if Jimmy was the only shooter employing a Bowen, he hasn't been able to break a winning score for months. On the other hand, Denny Kecker may bring his Bowen out of mothballs to reap the benefits of this rumored change. This of course raises the possibility that the winning score would be 54 or 55 out of 50?

Then of course there is the off chance that Jimmy would duct tape two of his many Bowen guns together to give him a Bowen "doubles" gun. Not only could he have two shots per target, he would likely get a 10 handicap. Now with a 10 handicap, even Jimmy might be able to break a winning score, unless of course Denny is shooting his Bowen. But then, there may not be a limit to the number of Bowen birds one can receive. Jimmy might just dig into his warehouse of the "B" guns and tape more than two together increasing his handicap targets even more.

I think we should all plan to attend the jackpot shoot this weekend to compete and make sure, if this rumored rule change is implemented, that Jimmy doesn't win simply because he owns the most Bowens.

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahh, no handicaps......not even for the Kreighoffs....if there are any there. Usually the Bowen's outnumber the German smoke poles.

But, what we will do is offer a crisp $100.00 bill for a 50 straight. Get all the 16's and handicap targets in one event and bang zoom you got it. Ties will divide. And, thats $100.00 each day. Warm weather bonus.

The weather will be perfect, the targets will be set so you can hit 'em and the B.S. will be running rampant.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. mlcameron

mlcameron Member

Breakfast will start at 9:00 a.m.

mlcameron_2009_0402.jpg

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Breakfast too????

I'll be there but I don't need the pancakes.

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Saturday was a great day. Breakfast was very good. Targets were exceptional. Scores were high with the only lady shooter taking home the big prize, a $100 bill. Cheryl Demulling broke the lone 50 for the day winning the Ben Franklin. And as I expected, there were more Krieghoffs in the rack then Bowens. Jimmy, it was good you weren't there, your score in the 30's would not have won you anything. Another go tomorrow. Miss Demulling plans to come back for another win. It should be a great day.

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

C'mon man, you manley men let that little grandma take that $100.00 bill from you????? Nice shootin Hot Lips. Way to show 'em.

ithacagrade_2008_030364.jpg

Scores were outstanding today, a perfect day to get down to business. 5 49's were posted today.

1st Class.....Cheryl Demulling 50......Dennis Kecker 49

2nd Class.....Bruce Lomker 47.....David Maples 47

3rd Class.....Leo Switala 46.....Mark Zauhar 46

4th Class.....David Maples 42....David Again 42

Ties = Handicap from the back, Singles from the back.

Now Cupcake, you had the rack all to yourself today but tomorrow I'll make sure there are some Bowen's to keep you company.

ithacagrade_2008_030363.jpg

Thanks to everyone who shot today. Sunday, same place, same time and we're gonna do the $100.00 give-a-way again.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

9. arend003

arend003 Member

great shooting Cheryl congrats.
    Tom ( now in Vermont)

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

Zard, I don't know if he's going to donate that one or not. It sure would be a nice one and he's got so many he really wouldn't miss one of them. I don't think thats one of his Brownings either. I call it the "Cupcake Special".

To tell you the truth, I don't know what kind of syrup they have at MGC. By the time she brings it to the table I've eaten half of the meal before I remember to put syrup on the pancakes. Hell, I'm down 60#'s.....msybe eating out there has something to do with it. Just let me know what your dietary needs are and I'll make sure we have it on hand.

Get your butt up here sometime.

Jimmy Bowen

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Another beautiful day shooting Jackpot at MGC. A lot cooler than yesterday and a breeze to keep things interesting. Four 49's today and everybody tried to shoot like a girl......and win a $100.00 bill like Cheryl did yesterday. But nooooo, Hot Lips stayed High Gun for the 2013 MGC Jackpot Warm-up. Another Wisconsinite, Reney Langlois came close, missed his 50th bird for a 49. Nice shooting Reney.

1st Class....Reney Langlois 49.....Jerry Demulling 49

2nd Class....Dennis Kecker 46......Leo Switala 46

3rd Class....Jimmy Bowen 44......David Maples 44

Ties= Singles from the front, Singles from the back, Handicap from the front.

Here is Jerry, Cheryl, David Maples and Reney Langlois coming off the line.

ithacagrade_2008_030367.jpg

Thanks to everyone who shot this weekend, it was good to shoot some Jackpot again.

Our official Jackpot Season will begin on September 28th and run through April.

Hope to see you then.

Jimmy Bowen