1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Jackpot Trap Starts Saturday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

OK, now its time to get serious!!!

All that registered shooting.....chasing those All American points.......that was just practice for the Jackpot Season!!!

We are starting our weekly Jackpot Shoots starting this Saturday October 2nd and run 'em every week until April. Start time is 10:00 AM and we'll shoot until 4:00 PM. Rules are pretty much the same as it has been, check the website above, and again this year, we are going to have a $1000.00 added money shoot for those that have entered at least 20 times over the season.

Its supposed to be beee-u-ti-full this Saturday, there aren't any ducks......

So C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. smooothnova

smooothnova Member

Jimmy, will the two headed coin be back this season ? Hope to see you guy's on saturday. Smoooth

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

No on the two headed coin. I used it to buy a pop a couple of weeks ago. Jimmy spent a whole day trying to get the pop machine open and then sort through the coin box. He never did find it. I heard he plans on just not shooting any jackpots. He knows he can't shoot well enough to win and without the coin he can't flip his way to victory anymore.

Of course I have heard a rumor about Jimmy attempting to shoot his jackpot scores Lit style, ahead of time, by himself, with no score keeper at a club south of Minneapolis. Apparently he thinks he will finally record a perfect score there. I don't know though, Jimmy's polish heritage may make it difficult for him to record two 25's in a row even under these conditions.

One thing though in our favor, he gave me the rib off his Bowen to measure it for another barrel weight. He does not know it but I had my machinist change the taper on his rib. He'll likely shoot over everything now.

4. smooothnova

smooothnova Member

Mark, are you going to be Mpls jackpot, or are you at Missouri fall handicap looking for Lit.

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hey Smooth, how ya doin??? Looking forward to seeing you and Pop on Saturday. Should be a good day for clay target shooting.

Mark looking for Lit???? Ahhhhhh they pretty much stay in the same room....shouldn't have to look too far. But they are both really old and can't see very well.

Anyway.....C'mon out, the targets will be set so you can hit them, Lenny will be giving lessons, and the grill will be open.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy (140% High) Bowen

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

need left hand mx3.
    mia_2008_030362.jpg

the question is 'will it ever come back to life'?

7. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

What happened to you MIA?

Kooz

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

severe hand infection. in my shootin finger. not good and may need skin graftys to close wound. will know in about a weeek

9. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I'm soory to here that, let me know what happens. Good luck

Kooz

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

1st Class.......Reney Langlois 50........Bob Smith 49

2nd Class.......Tom Sletta 44........Charlie Leavitt 44

3rd Class.......He Shotwhat 42.......Leo Switala 42

Ties= 16’s from the front

Thanks to everyone who came out on such a beautiful day for our Jackpot Opener. Congratulations to Reney Langlois for making the trek from Wisconsin and shooting 50 straight!!! And to Bob Smith for his 49. That’s the 2nd 50 straight in as many Jackpot shoots.

We will be having our Annual Halloween Pumpkin Pie shoot on October 30th. Shoot a 25 and get a pie. Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

11. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Jimmy, A pumpkin pie shoot? Do you throw 2-hole pies...or 3 hole pies? I might be able to hit a few pies if they're pretty big.

Oh, is the pie shoot registered?

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hey Lit, these will be the best set pie targets you'll see anywhere. We set them so you can hit them.

Registered??? Hell, I'm trying to get them to count for the state team. I've told everybody to send you $5.00 and when you're the KING everybody makes the state team. You'll be a rich man......in addition to being the most Handsome.

C'mon up shoot for the pies.

Jimmy Bowen

13. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Lit, shoot targets???? Where, when and why???

14. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Here is a guy that can't drive 60 minutes to the biggest money shoot in the midwest last week. Thinkin' of driving up to Minidamapolus to shoot for a fricken punkin pie. Is that "twilight zone" music in the background?

Maltzie

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Zardoz, we'll for sure have some of those pies for eating. There will be a mix of pumpkin and apple and for top score that HUGE Carmel Apple Walnut Crunch. Maybe you can pick up the Lit on your way through. I'm sure all his talking will keep you awake. He has some big plans for Minnesota shooters.

Maltzie, nice time to show 'em what you're made of. I heard all the way up here that you bought dinner for a bunch of people. But, the big question is, did you win more than the wife spent at the shopping malls??? Nice shootin.

October 30th, Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

16. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Yo Brother......

Had a great Fall Cap shoot.... paid well, eat well. Since my wife has her own business, she spends her own money, and a lot of it. I have a completely stocked clothing boutique in my home. In several sizes, if ya know what I mean. When I take clothing to donate to Social Services, they hold the door for me. Now that's an exceptional accomplishment.

Maltzie

17. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

October 30th? How about October 9th? Can we shoot ahead on October 9th for the pumpkin pies? What do we get if we get a 25 on October 9th? Or, we can't be there on the 30th, can we call our scores in?

18. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

OK Maltzie, CO369 told me about the pot waiting for me at Ottumwa in a couple weeks. You save a spot on the Clown squad for me and I'll buy the damned ice cream when I win the dough.

And Z-man is obviously nervous thinking I might start again. Hell, he'll probably shoot the European tour instead of facing me. Like I said, he hasn't beaten me for 3 years.

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hot Lips, here's what I'll do for YOU. I know a little incentive for you goes a long way so.......for every 25 straight in singles or handicap you shoot, now that means they all have to be in a row, on the same field, no carry-over from one event to another, and I'll buy you a can of your favorite.........whipped cream!!! With that enticement 'ol Sweet Cheeks will have you there early so you can shoot on every squad. :>)

Maltzie, you told me your wife's business was offering your services to all the rich, widowed farm ladies in Ringgold Co. How much money can she have???

Here is a picture of one of the MGC's man models showing off his stuff. One of those huge Carmel Apple Walnut Crunch pies. Mmmmmmmm

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=Pieshoot-1.jpg" target="_blank"> Pieshoot-1.jpg </a>

October 30th, start time 10:00 AM

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

20. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Jimmyboy...... I offer 2 services to the Ringglod county ladies.

First one is to the newly divorced bar chicks. The other is for widows with a portfolio. Been known to clean windows and rake yards also.

Literalist....The Ottumwa winter derby starts in November thru March. Has about 1500.00 in the 50 straight purse. First 25 straight practice of the day get a 2 dollar bill that accumulates to the last derby day and all that have won 2 buck bills shoot off for all. Your posting at present with last years winner-winner-chicken dinner.

Maltzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.