1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Jackpot Trap Season RESULTS

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

The Minneapolis Gun Club will begin it's Jackpot Trap Shoots this Saturday October 1st.

Rules are the same as they have been.....Lewis class payouts....25 16's and 25 Handicap.

Enter the event 20 times over the next 6 months and you will be qualified for the $1000.00 added money at the end of the season. Everybody is a winner.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

The weather is supposed to be wonderful. Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Have you lost your famous flipping coin or will the rest of us have to settle for second again this year?

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Prez, the flipping coins only stay around if they're good to me. To start the season this year is a 1856 large one cent piece. I've been testing it for a couple weeks now and it seems to have the right weight.

We get the Jackpot's going at 10:00 AM. Check the above website for more info.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Is that the coin that always comes up singles?

5. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Please, flip it a third time for "short" or "long" run. That way us shooters that like to miss the first and/or the last target will have a chance!

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh, Jack, sometimes its Handicap.

Hot Lips, thats a good idea, we'll have to try that someday. Good 'ole rule #13. But, we'll have to make the rule BEFORE you shoot....the Smith boys would be all over this one.

Lots of sunshine, light winds, best set targets in the state, and plenty of banter.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

A great day it turned out to be. Lots of shooters turning in good scores. The Demulling Duo traveled from Wisconsin to do their usual damage. Dennis Kecker, shooting a safe queen gun from his arsenal did his best to keep up. Thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed a beautiful fall day at MGC.

1st Class.......Jerry Demulling 49.....Dennis Kecker 48

2nd Class.......Cheryl Demulling 45....Dennis Kecker 45

3rd Class.......Jim Walden 44......Cheryl Demulling 44

4th Class.......Tom Sletta 43.....Troy Smith 43

5th Class.......Dean Rutten 42....Don Lowden 42

Ties = Handicap from the back.

Jackpot Trap at MGC every Saturday. We'll be having our annual Halloween Pumpkin Pie Jackpot on October 29th. Shoot a 25 and bring home a pie. Hope to see you there.

8. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, did you win the "no class" again this week with your coin???

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha, I can take the "no class" award just about every place I go.

Had to work. Putting money into social security for all my buddies that don't work. Its a tough life being me.

Weather looks great again this weekend. Jackpot weather. Easy targets.

Start time 10:00.

Jimmy Bowen

10. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Did the Gay Engineer kill a caribou?

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahhhh Denny....not a good subject. He would have had more fun staying home and shooting Jackpot targets....and he hates Jackpot targets.

12. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Yes Denny, I did put two man eating caribou out of their misery. It was the worst outfitted trip I have ever been on. Spent 3.5 hours hunting in the field and the rest of the week napping and playing gin and cribbage in the cabin.

And this fun only cost me $2,400 "extra" to fly out to the caribou.

As for the jackpots, who said I hate them. They are alot of fun. I would rather shoot them then marathon targets anyday. At least you are competing for something.

13. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Mark, sorry to hear it wasn't a good trip. You could probably make some of that $2400 back if you butcher those Canadian goats and sell 'em to the Pakistanis. They LOVE goat meat.

As far as those jackpot targets, rumor has it you're intimidated by Jimmy Bowen and dread being beaten. Just sayin'...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.