1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MPLS GUN CLUB JACKPOT STARTS SATURDAY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

It is time for the Jackpot Trap season!!!!

Minneapolis Gun Club will be starting their Jackpot Trap shoots this Saturday, October 6 and will run until April.

Start time is 10:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M.

Check the above website for all the details....under specials. The club phone number is 952-469-4386.

The traps will be set per ATA recommendations with a Prospeed Radar gun and a T bar.

Its supposed to be 83 degrees on Saturday....C'mon out and enjoy the day.

Jim W

2. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Do you guys serve food there or what???

I seem to recall shooting at some targets there that were likely plywood discs painted orange... And they flew like 85 yards... Word on the street is, you better buy a Bowen if you want to break those targets....

Just how far into Iowa is this club, and how is it considered Minneapolis that far south???

LWL

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL, is this what you're talking about????? We have a right and a left side to our menu.

Hard targets????? Naw, not here. And you don't need a gun choked tighter than a bulls ass in fly season. Heck, Denny Spurling would show up with a skeet gun sometimes and he could break them. C'mon down, you'll do OK.

Don't let the name of the club throw you. We've kinda gotten attached to it after being around since 1885.

See you on Saturday.........83 degrees and sunny. And for you....soft birds.

Jim W

4. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

Is it true that BigDan voted to add veggie quiche to your menu, and you seconded the vote??? Thats not true is it? I know he is accused of hugging people all of the time, so that does make some sense...

You really should be careful about referring to guys as Skeeters too, don't you think?

I do have to admit, my boy said the club burger was "da' best burger in da' whole world"...

You work on those targets though, they haven't been like orange garbage can lids since you needed that yard in handicap...

Polish up your Bowen and put BigDan back in his place....

LWL

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL,

It was either second the vote or he was going to use a pry bar to remove your name from the Handicap Championship Plaque. But, we've altered the ingredients just a little....6 eggs,3 kinds of cheese, ham, Italian sausage, 1 lb. of thick cut pepper bacon, topped off with more cheese and sprinkled with parsley, that green vegtable thing. He thinks he's ordering healthy....HA....its a heart attack to go.

The orange super fragile garbage can lids are back in the bunkers....and just for you we'll turn on the heaters.

Jim W

6. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

What a guy you are..... I knew that BigDan was lying about you!!!!

LWL

7. dward

dward Member

Wish I could make it - but we are sponsoring a golf tournament to benefit the local food shelves. And to be honest I don't stand a chance when the weather is nice. Give me 20 below and a tornado and I might squeek out a win.

As far as that damn plaque goes, I've got a little squirt bottle with acid in it, and every time I go to the club I spray a little on LWLs name. Eventually it will be a grotesque dark spot that will be a much better representation of LWLs actual skills.

As far as determining who does or doesn't have a "masculine palate", we'll separate the men from the boys when Jacko and I fly in a cooler full of raw oysters on the half shell. My guess is that before LWL ever slides down a few real "testosterone boosters", he'll be scampering back home to a warm glass of milk and a few of the "little blue pills" his Dr. wife keeps him so well supplied with!!

BIG Dan

8. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

You old men need something to generate testosterone... To depend on a raw mollusk isn't masculine, actually more like twisted and desperate.... You better stick to the quiche... Dan, actually you may want to read the warning on the bottle, and consult with your physician to make sure you are healthy enough to consider s*x... Your better half may want to check into some sort of counseling for having to resort to that unpleasant task!!!

You have fun at your golf tourney... Did you want to add golf lessons to the trap lessons???

LWL

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Slurping a slimy raw critter off of a dirty shell that lays on the bottom of a body of water?????? I think I'll stick to one of our cheese burgers!!!

And, those outstanding burgers will be made fresh to your liking just like the great fish fillet sandwiches, chicken strips, drummies, fries, onion rings and tots. You might ever find Chef Jack behind the counter.

84 DEGREES IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!! It will be a great day to run the 50.

See ya there.

Jim W

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

The rain and thunder is moving out and its going to be NICE!!!

Shooting starts at 10:00. Light winds, oversized targets, sky blue background, and the BEST cheese burgers.

See ya there.

Jim W

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed the day. All 86 degrees of it. An outstanding October day.

The 50 straight eluded everyone but there were 3 49's posted. You can check the scores at the above website.

Its always good to see the little allen wrenches come out to "find" that one target.

We will be holding the Jackpot Trap shoots every Saturday until April 5th.

C'mon out and enjoy the fun, food and of course the banter.

Jim W

12. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

I hate to say it, but he does have a good/valid point. If you tell me that it came down to the dreaded coin flip, and you won.... Well, then something does smell bad... Especially since I have seen the infamous "flippin'" coin...

Had your Bowen in hyperdrive yesterday then?

LWL

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Awwwwww, come on now you guys.

OK, so I did do the coin toss....wasn't my coin....I had a skeet shooter call the flip......had HOT LIPS and SWEET CHEEKS keeping an eye on things....and Reverend Baker helping figuring the class breaks.

I just don't know what I did to make you think this shoot isn't on the up & up.

I'm hurt........now I'm over it.

You guys come on out and give it a try. ANYBODY CAN WIN!!!

Jim W

14. dward

dward Member

Inquiring minds want to know which guns Mr. Kecker and W used to shoot the 49s. I certainly hope they are both "staying the course" with those beautiful Bowens!!

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Big Dan, a P gun and a B gun.

16. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Nice of Lenny to kick in but most people now frequenting the MGC will be dead long before the Vikes will be seen in the playoffs on that TV.

17. dward

dward Member

Jimbo - what does the "B" stand for?? Damn I wish Kecker would have sold his Perazzi!!!! Sounds like I have a bit of donation "supportation" to catch up on. Flag pole and a new TV. Can't wait to see the new BIG screen.

Big Dan

18. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim...

Ok... A B gun, a P gun and a two headed quarter....

Just how many times has BigDan lost a tie to someone calling "heads"... Like taking candy from a baby I bet???

LWL

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

Sorry about the delay in getting back to T.S.... my flipping coin fell down a vent and I had to take half the floor apart at the club tonight to retrieve it.

Jack, the cleaning bench and the TV are very nice additions to the club but the NEW sign at the entrance is OUTSTANDING! Dennis K, Tom Sletta, Mark Hintz, Wade, Lenny and Steve P had a hand in putting it there.

Dan, we miss seeing you out there, and I miss your entry fees, so get done chasing elk around in MO. and get out here and shoot some targets.

And LWL, I can't believe your passing up a money shoot where there is no classifying. C'mon out....we'll siphon some gas out of somebodys car to help keep your costs down. Maybe the Lit will show up and you can take his whole car.

And, now we're going to add a huge payout for the last day....say a $1000.00 to make it interesting???? How's that? The details will be on the website soon.

Jim W

20. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

$1000... I can here the Mr. Sletta... "sheep to shear and pigeons to pluck" quote now...

You know... I would target the 150 gallon gas tank on the big white Excursion down there if it #1 were full, and #2 if it weren't diesel... Shoot, with a tank that size, they wouldn't even notice 10 or 15 gallons missing....

Just make sure it's nice weather for the big payday shooting... I hear some of your boyz don't like to shoot in the sunshine...

I will be watching for details just the same....

Nice TV and sign by the way...
    LWL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.