1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls. Gun Club Jackpot Finale April 14

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MX-10RS, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MX-10RS

MX-10RS TS Member

Hairy -

Reminds me why I left....

Thanks for the reminder.

G-

2. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Wish I could be there. I'm down here in dreary San Antonio. The temperature is a miserable 80 something and the sky is blue. It's terrible. Next week starts the Southwest Grand and I'll have to shoot another 1500 or so targets. Damn life is tough here. I wish I were back there in Minnesota where it'll snow one day after you have 70 degrees. Then it will turn cold and drop below freezing. If I were there, I could shoot a 42 in the jackpot and win the big prize like Big Dan or shoot a 32 and win like Mike Stadt. I could eat those big ham sandwiches and maybe sit around and talk about shooting good some day with Jim W. Of course, there is no rush on this, Jim will be able to talk about shooting good some day for a long time to come!

Mark Zauhar

3. dward

dward Member

Z - After that damn 100 straight from the 27 I was going to try and be nice to you. But there is something about your wonderful personality that reminds me of finger nails being drug across a chalk board. And for your information - Mr. 100x27 - it was a 43....so there. And quit picking on Jim, regardless of how he shoots, his Bowen always makes the gun rack look better, even though there is a rumor that Big Leo is charging him double for the clinic.

Big (and don't you forget it!) Dan

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Geez Lit, That was one of the most repulsive things you've come up with!

5. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Rumor has it that the shooter depicted on Jim W's Bowen is actually the Lit himself. It seems when Jim requested a trap shooter be engraved, it never occured to Bruce that it should be Jim!

As for Big Dan, as the saying goes, big hands, big feet, means what.

BIG SHOES.

6. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Now Lit, your bitterness is showing. The day I shot the 100, there was one 99, one 98, and I believe only three 97's. The 99 belonged to Kaye Ohye himself. Since there were over a hundred squads, I wouldn't say the competition wasn't there. The best handicap shooter in the history of the ATA, Ray Stafford, told me he was pleased with his 95, considering how difficult the targets were.

As far as the integrity of my squad mates, one of the FTA trap setters asked if he could shoot handicap with us after he learned we had an opening. He was on the post right in front of me and watched every one break hard.

No Lit, there was no Missouri magic involved in this one, it was just my day.

I wish I could make your state shoot this year. I'd love again supply you with beer and hear what you were thinking about when you ran your 100 from the 27. You have run them from 27, haven't you Lit?

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Lit ran them when he was a Jr or was it a Sub Jr? Anyway it was a horrible day and while there were more than a 100 squads more than 1/2 the shooters scratched.

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I knew you'd fill in the details that I'd long since forgotten.

9. dward

dward Member

I was happy that Mr. Z shot that 100 from the 27, but now I'm growing a bit weary of his "highness". And quite frankly I don't know about you guys, but the sweet little "bio" on how he shot it was cute, but the "kissing the last shell" detail sent it over the edge for me. What Z didn't elaborate on is that sweet little kiss isn't just a peck on the cheek if you know what I mean. By the time he finishes the shell is dripping with slobber!

Now driving a big motor home and acquiring friends (of any age) by supplying free alcohol means old Z has done well by himself and does not have to reload like the rest of us paupers. Thus all of Zs shells hit the ground and are picked up by the trap help. I am very concerned that with his "free and loose" social behavior, there may be a rash of strange diseases popping up at the clubs he's visited.

And as far as the Lit wanting a kiss on the lips - I've only ever gotten as far as a pretty tight hug with him. But I've heard he'll do anything for free beer!!!

And Jim I agree, that with enough free beer to "someone", old Z will get his "slam" at our shoot!!

Big (not kissed by the Lit yet) Dan

10. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

It's a shame that the accuracy of the additions to this post have taken such a turn for the worse. The recent additions by the Lit and Big Dan seemed to have crossed the line of decency as well as honesty.

I guess it's all one can expect from a has been and a wanta be.

It would seem they spent to much time togeather during their recent "boys" vacation in Florida. The Lit's massive ego must have rubbed off on Big Dan and The weight of Big Dans body seems to have crushed the Lit's brain. It's a shame. I think the ATA needs to define a new catagory for individuals like these two. DEMENTED! Dan could then get his 100 in the caps (from 11 yards) and the Lit would be allowed to shoot from two posts at one time to accomodate his massive ego.

11. dward

dward Member

"It's a shame that the accuracy of the additions to this post have taken such a turn for the worse. The recent additions by the Lit and Big Dan seemed to have crossed the line of decency as well as honesty."

Sounds like Grammie accusing someone of being opinionated!

12. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Now that's talent! When the officer stopped him and asked how many beers he had, would it be one beer or five beers?

13. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Sheese Jim, now you have done it. Once Big Dan and the Lit see that fine looking hunk, they are going to want me to join them on their Florida vacation. And while I like Florida, you know the Florida trip they take is really cover for their trip to their real destination, San Fransisco! Traveling with those two would be a real pain in the ass I think.

14. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Jim, Where did you dig up that picture? It has to be at least 20 years old!

15. dward

dward Member

The Lit has it right about the hats. I think Jim W took this photo a little later that evening. I'm guessing a little "free" beer was involved!

16. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Dang, Dan, you told me you destroyed that picture of you and me leaving the Lit's house.

17. dward

dward Member

OK - I'll post this picture of me and my kid, (taken last fall) to show that I'm not Zs love interest, and also to prove that, as much as my kid looks like me (poor kid), I drove down the street the right way at least once - well twice actually, as I have two.

Big Dan

18. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Big Dan, that's a good picture of you. But who are those two men on top of you?

19. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Jim W. tomorrow Jerry and I will be calling in our scores from here in Texas. Have a good shoot and we will pick up our winnings when we get back! This is a telephonic shoot, right?

20. dward

dward Member

Thanks Denny - that one wasn't the biggest we've gotten but he was a lot of fun. I was calling him in and my son Zane about wet his pants when the bull was tearing a tree completely apart about 20 yards in front of him.

Good luck down there Cheryl, show the guys how its done. Wish you and Jerry could beam yourselves up for the shoot. I'd wish the Z man luck, but as good as he's been shooting he doesn't need it.

I have to admit that old Jim W works pretty hard to feed us. He puts up with all of our nonsense, and he brings a pretty gun to boot. Actually it would be fun to have the Lit here too, man I need a hug!! Don't forget Denny "you can check out, but you can never leave"! I tried to pry that cream puff LWL down from Cambridge, but he's too busy with kids and basketball.

Good luck to all - just a little extra to me - Big Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.