1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls. Gun Club Handicap Championship 6/29-7/1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Minneapolis Gun Club will be hosting the 4th Annual Handicap Championship this weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

We will start Friday morning throwing marathon targets and have the T.G.I.F Handicap event starting at 1:30. 100 targets.

Saturday will be 100 singles and then the 200 target Handicap Championship. Cash trophies, belt buckle to the Champion, name and score on the permanent plaque in the clubhouse and FREE roast pork dinner.

Sunday will be 100 singles and 200 Doubles.

The White Flyer targets will be set with a radar gun and a T bar. We will be using 6 fields with Pat Traps and Canterbury voice releases.

The weather is supposed to be outstanding this weekend so C'mon out and try to win the Championship. You can view the program at www.mn-trap.org

Jim W

2. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,
    Is the big swede gonna be there??? Watching him is worth the price of admission in itself...

Who is gonna be working the classification table????

LWL

3. dward

dward Member

I'll be there! I just hope the wimp from Cambridge shows up so we can have an "us champions" reunion!!!

And keep in mind that MGC Club rules specifically state that: "if the previous years winner of the clubs 'Handicap Championship' doesn't show up for the subsequent years shoot, the plaque with that individuals name is torn off of the trophy, all club members spit on it, and it is finally tossed into one of the well seasoned porta johns that is farthest from the club house"!@!@

Big Dan

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahhh LWL, the first one to respond. This is good.

The big question is..........is the defending Champion going to be there to possibly be the first one to repeat?

I think Big Dan will be there. He showed up a couple weeks ago and proceeded to hand the rest of us our behinds. Apparently you didn't affect his mental psyche when you were working for him. The man has composure. And he wants your title.

The classification table????? Now who do you think will be there? I tried to get Neil but he's in Wyoming chasing targets, so it might be Tom Sletta, it might be Big Dan, it certainly won't be you, so that leaves......me. Now don't let that scare you....you'll do fine from the 27yd line.....you've got what, 3 days to practice up. You'll do just fine.

I've said it before.....I'll say it again....put your game face on, bring your appetite, and show us how its done. It'll be a great time. Looking forward to seeing you.

Jim W

5. Ertz

Ertz Member

Don't get your hopes up boys. Smitty and I are running the computer so you know what that means? Yep, Smitty will be the next champion and I will be runner up. We flipped a coin. The nice thing is we don't even have to shoot. We can just sit up in our little room and enter our scores. Sweet!

Seriously, it looks like a great weather weekend and this is turning into one of the bigger events of the Minnesota shooting year, so come on out.

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Yes, we will be on extended hours this weekend.

Friday we start throwing marathon targets at 10:00 AM, the Handicap event will start at 1:30 PM and we can shoot until sunset if needed.

Saturday and Sunday we will be starting at 9:30 AM and again we can shoot until sunset.

Jack, you still cooking on Saturday?

Thanks Ron.

See you there.

Jim W

7. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

Big Dan at the classification table is even scarier than you being there. It would get really old helping him with the big words. I can deal with Mr. Sletta classifying though. I know he won't try to put some poor little unknown podunk league shooter back there. He may be the closest to honest of all the options listed. The only thing that he scares me is his... "Pigeons/Swedes to pluck, sheep to shear, etc, etc..." saying.

Well... It should be a fun day... At least you can count on good food there. I just wish you guys were a little further north of Iowa... this driving most of the way to the border is bad... Almost to Owatonna for Pete's sake...

You make sure Dan has the plaque down and all polished... That was his club duty right???

Catch you later,
    LWL

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahhh the old Handsome Man Contests....none of the rest of us had a chance when you showed up but it was fun watching the women trying to stuff...I mean throw dollar bills at you.

Huh, Zauhar got wind you might show up and he headed west...Wyoming I think. He said it was easier pickings out there. With LWL, Stadt, Leavitt and Hintz showing up he's probably right.

You take care, keep the rain down there, visit when you can.

Jim W

9. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

You know I hate to point this out... All of this Mr. Handsome stuff... Isn't the crew at Mpls Gun Club rather easy to beat in that kind of a contest??? Thats kind of like the prom queen hanging out with a couple of hags isn't it??? You got some guys that can shoot, but they ain't much to look at...

Just a casual observation... Kind of old too, except for that Stadt kid...

Just leave your Bowen on the rack, and it will be shooting -130/20 by the time I am done with it...

Later...

LWL

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL......Are you throwing stones????

Later....HA.......you're lead off on squad 1....then we'll adjust the targets.

Now this year you're going to at least wear your MGC hat aren't you?

Can you believe the weather forecast? This looks outstanding.

SEE YA THERE.

Jim W

11. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

See what I mean... Look at that ugly SOB....

I've seen your "frisbee" like targets, and to make sure that I see them this weekend, I am squadding with you.

MGC hat??? you guys not only failed to give me one, they refused to sell me one, for fear I'd claim to be a member at some other clubs....

Hey... by the way... Dan always claims to be the first champion... Where the heck is his name plate with that 199 he claims to have shot??? I still think it's a figment of his demented imagination...

Don't wear your Bowen out practicing tomorrow...

LWL

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL........That ugly SOB...is YOU!!!! What the heck are you talking about.

Oh, and we got rid of the Frisbee's.....got Trash Can Lids this year!!

I don't know about Dan, I've heard him mumble something about that 199...I don't know if that was a train he missed.....or what. Watch out for him though, he'll rise to the top at one of these shoots.....he's overdue, and capable.

Don't you worry about me tomorrow....I'm pacing myself so Saturday is the day.

Jim W

13. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

If what you are saying is true, and the weather will be perfect... I don't think Big Dan is a big threat. He seems to thrive in harsh conditions. I might be worried if it were like 20F, with 35 mph winds...

If it is nice that old, long armed albino ain't got much of a chance... In fact, he will probably agree with me...

Keep your eye on that Sletta character. He is kind of a sneaky one....

See ya,

LWL

14. Ithaca$$$Grade

1:30 P.M. Today. The T.G.I.F. Handicap.

Perfect weather, perfect targets, perfect time to skip work and bust some clay's.

Hope to see you there.

Jim W

15. dward

dward Member

You guys have got to realize that having LWL show up at my home club and getting his name on our most prestigious plaque is akin to Hillary showing up at Ws ranch and winning the annual republican shoot off.........and then having her way with all their women to boot!!!!!!!!!

And it would be great if the old Lit showed up, but as far as free beer from Zs motorhome.........hell he only lives a spit away..........we can raid the home fridge - I mean walk in cooler. Sorry to hear old Z won't be there, but wherever you are Z, keep up the good work!!

See all you guys (and LWL) this weekend - Big Dan

16. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL, I told you Dan wants your title. He busted those targets like he was on the 16 yd. line.

A great day, lots of targets thrown and the weather promises to be just as nice Saturday.

9:30 A.M. start with 100 singles.......then the big 200 Handicap. No wind, bright sunshine and lots of bragging rights. FREE roast pork with trimmings. We put MIA in charge of cooking the porker.

C'mon out and enjoy the day.

Jim W

17. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jim,

So... You decided to throw those 0.5 hole targets... I figured you might stoop to something like that when I wasn't there.... Thats why I want to be squadded with or very near you...

MIA... Troublemaker??? me??? So I am an out-of-stater to your club. You are in Iowa right???

Ward on a "mission"... well now, the gauntlet is thrown down... I may have to pull out the old voodoo doll, and work a little "magic" on him tonight...

That's pretty good shooting out of him I have to admit.... Sucks that he picked up another yard on me... Jim tells me I get to shoot from the 21 or 21.5 tomorrow... I got my reduction approved....

You guys have a nice night... See you tomorrow...

LWL (The infamous)

18. dward

dward Member

Even a blind Swede finds a nut now and again. What a perfect day and tomorrow sounds to be the same. I just hope "The unfamous" brings his game face! And Jacko - you just keep on a squeezin and we'll be fine. Jim works hard to put on a great shoot and we all appreciate it!!

See you all tomorrow - Big Dan

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

A picture perfect day.........for bustin clays!!!!

200 HANDICAP on a day like this......it don't get any better.

100 Singles to clear your head, and then down to business.

The buckle, your name on the plaque, and the all important braggin rights, for a whole year.

C'mon out and enjoy the fun.

Jim W

20. Ithaca$$$Grade

What an outstanding day!!

The weather was just perfect, the targets were great, lots of good scores turned in, and the nicest bunch of shooters you could ever ask for.

I'll post all the winners tomorrow after the 200 Doubles.

Today for the Handicap Championship the winner was Jerry Demulling with a score of 190. Great shooting Jerry. Great shooting to everyone who placed in the money.

Thanks to everyone who participated today. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Jim W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.