1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club Halloween Jackpot Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Ya Baby, its that time. Halloween is fast approaching and MGC will be hosting their annual Halloween Pumpkin Pie Jackpot Shoot this Saturday, October 27th.

Shoot a 25 straight in either Singles or Handicap and win a pie. You'll have a choice of pumpkin or apple. And, for high score of the day, the Grand Prize will be a huge Carmel Apple Walnut Crunch pie. One pie per shooter and ties shoot off for the Grand Prize Pie. If, by chance, we don't have 10 25 straights turned in, the pies will be given out by random drawing.

This will be in addition to the Lewis Class cash prizes.

The weather looks good. Clear, light winds, and mid 40's. Targets will be set so you can hit 'em.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM and goes till 4:00 PM.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Wow, these pies are fantastic. Jimmy seems to always find the best bakery. Hope to be there but if the ducks in North Dakota cooperate, I may miss it. I'm sure though Jimmy will save me a piece from his pie, the one he wins by random drawing of course.

Mark Z

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahh, those pies are scrumptious....to say the least. We'll have some ice cream on hand just in case somebody can't wait to get home to enjoy their win. And maybe, just maybe, Hot Lips will raid the night stand and bring some whip cream along.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=pieshoot20092.jpg" target="_blank"> pieshoot20092.jpg </a>

Shootin starts at 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Yes Zardo, the nightstand. I would have thought that being from the land of fruits and nuts you would have been able to figure it out. But, then again, maybe your advancing age makes it difficult to remember these things.

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

We are open for practice today from noon to 4:00 PM.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DSCN2214.jpg" target="_blank"> DSCN2214.jpg </a>

Might even "practice" on tasting one of those delicious pies too.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

6. dward

dward Member

I'm in Asheville NC so I won't make the shoot..........but I did want to say that the rather rotund "pumpkin" you see in the photo above has decreased in size substantially!!! I'm a bit concerned that Mr. Jimmy Bowen may have to worry about being blown over in the wind!!

Hope he wins a couple pies to gain some of his old self back!!

Add to post: You know old Pride was looking a bit gaunt the last time I saw him too!!!...........I sure hope we haven't been mixing Bowens and Krieghoffs in the "wrong" way lately????

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

Bob, yup, thats Bowen #2. Its a beauty. Everybody has their own practice drills they go through. One of my favorites is "pullers choice". Sometimes I get a bird on "pull", sometimes I don't get it right away. Can't use the voice pulls for that one.

Zard, your story's are always entertaining. And you've got a bunch. Wish you could be here. You'd fit in real well.

Big Dan, you being gone certainly opens the door for that Grand Prize Pie!!! Scott Steffen has been shootin really good, Sweet Cheeks Demulling is always a contender and if Stud Muffin Messenger shows....anything can happen.

Spent thousands on custom stocks....lose 40 some pounds....you can pretty much throw the custom stocks away. Still adjusting trying to find the "sweet" spot. Feeling pretty good about tomorrow and as you might guess....I'm hungry.

Shootin starts at 10:00 AM sharp.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

For those that plan on getting there early....we will be serving breakfast starting at 9:00 AM.

I'd like to introduce you to our new cook. Katelyn.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=KatelynMGCCook002.jpg" target="_blank"> KatelynMGCCook002.jpg </a>

She is an outstanding cook and can shoot too. She was captain of the Apple Valley High School Trapshooting Team. She's serving our Steakhouse Burger and fries, just one or our menu specialties.

Omelets, bacon egg and cheese sandwiches, pancakes and new tomorrow, biscuits & gravy.

C'mon out early and enjoy a hearty breakfast.

Jimmy Bowen

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

A great day to be outside today bustin targets. A little cool to start but the winds were light and lots of sunshine. And the competition was fierce for the pies.

1st Class....Ken Norman 49.....Jimmy Bowen 48

2nd Class....Scott Steffen 45....Ray Steffenson 45

3rd Class....Scott Steffen 44....Curt Peterson 44

4th Class....Scott Messenger 42....Glenn Linden 42

5th Class....Glenn Linden 40....Terry Peterson 40

6th Class....Bob Wiltse 37....Mark Cameron 37

Ties = Handicap from the back.

Nice shooting Ken Norman. Sooo close to that elusive 50 straight. Thanks to everyone who shot today and made the day enjoyable.

And the pie winners.....Ray Steffenson...Ken Norman...John Bacon...Steve Richards...Scott Messenger...Curt Peterson...Bob Wiltse...Scott Steffen...Glenn Linden...Jimmy Bowen. And the consolation winner..Cheryl Demulling.

Hope to see you next week at MGC.

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

That picture of Jimmy stuffed into that orange sweater makes me want to start a diet. I do agree though, that Jimmy Bowen has wasted away a bit and probably will fit the sweater now. Of course, since he won a pie, the first time he's won anything in years, he'll likely gain all the weight back. But you all have to agree on one thing, his 48 taking second is pretty good for a tough day. He must have switched back to the Beretta for this shoot.

What's the special for next weekend Jimmy??

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

That's Jimmy in the orange sweater? I thought it was Harlan trying out a real trapgun.

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ah, Mark, it was the Bowen, and the pie was really good. And that 48 knocked a bunch of 47's out of contention for the 2nd place Lewis Class. They weren't too happy.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DSCN2212.jpg" target="_blank"> DSCN2212.jpg </a>

Hitapair, I was never as big as Harlan....was I? That picture of him on the cover of Trapshooting USA certainly didn't do him justice. Maybe I should borrow him the orange sweater. Its getting too big for me. :>)

Next "theme" shoot will be November 17th for Thanksgiving. Shoot a 25 and win a turkey. If the weather is decent I'll be sporting the orange sweater again.

Jimmy Bowen

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Nah, not even close to Harlan, but I was more interested in taking a shot at the TS w/ the Bowen pictured so nicely.
    The picture on TS USA was a horrible picture. I didn't recognize who it was at 1st. A large insult to Jr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.